PDA

View Full Version : xD Arbitration.

R1bbit
07-26-2010, 10:52 AM
Has anyone had problems with the 2009 Scion xD release edition? I'm getting the run around from Scion and my dealership. I've taken it in 8 times for the same problem and now I want Scion to do something about it. Any suggestions or has anyone had a similar experience?

TheLittleDeviant
07-26-2010, 12:38 PM
I have only had the best experience with Scion... Whats wrong with your xD?

ramrat1
07-26-2010, 11:10 PM
i got the 09 RS2 and my scion has been reliable. I have 5k miles on it so far.

CXTKRS1
07-27-2010, 03:10 AM
The details in your post are overwhelming.

MoFaux
07-27-2010, 05:56 AM
Don't mean to be redundant here, but I have the 09 RS 2.0 with 15,000+ miles and no real issues. If you could clarify what your issue/problem with the car is someone here may be able to help, but as it is your question is pretty cryptic.

TheLittleDeviant
07-27-2010, 07:26 AM
sniff.... sniff.... I think I smell a troll?

Resolve
07-27-2010, 08:09 AM
I feel your pain. Our xD won't mod itself for free either. Also I keep having to put gas in it. I wish it would just regenerate the gas overnight.

Dealers have been no help with this problem.

CXTKRS1
07-28-2010, 01:43 AM
sniff.... sniff.... I think I smell a troll?

Maybe it is hobojon from ScionLife? :laughing1:

JDMJim
07-29-2010, 09:59 AM
i have this problem that a have to push a button to unlock the door and turn a key to turn the car on. thats too much work.

JJGeneral1
07-29-2010, 10:16 PM
Maybe it is hobojon from ScionLife? :laughing1:

HA HA HA... troller he is. and only negative posts. have you noticed he stopped posting there?

---------- Post added at 11:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 PM ----------

I feel your pain. Our xD won't mod itself for free either. Also I keep having to put gas in it. I wish it would just regenerate the gas overnight.

Dealers have been no help with this problem.

don't forget brakes, and rubber tread on the tires.... wish that would regenerate, too.

R1bbit
08-11-2010, 01:45 PM
Wow, first, I am not the person ya'll apparently think I am from another site. I don't have any problems with paying for the car that I purchased, or paying for the upkeep. I do have a problem with paying for a vehicle that from talking to friends of mine that are engineers can potentially catch on fire or have an electrical system failure. Details: the navigation system in the car fails constantly, speakers go out or unbalance themselves frequently. Ipod is is overwhelmed by static or a chirping noise. Both the speakers as well as the pioneer system have been replaced. Grounds and wires for the system have all been checked. I'm not asking Scion or Toyota to mod my car, as a matter of fact, I joined so that I would have more information for when the engineer comes to inspect my car. Sorry it took so long to respond to the negative posts.

JDMJim
08-11-2010, 05:35 PM
i have an issue with my OE right front door speakers crackling randomly( both tweet and mid) and my shift cables are squeaking. the door lock thing hasn't happened in awhile, of course I've driven just 100 miles since i posted last here.

robbiej
08-11-2010, 06:12 PM
Have you been able to get the system to malfunction with a service tech in the car? If they can't fix the problem I would ask them to have it checked out by another shop at their expense and try to get ahold of the regional Scion manager and see if they can help you out. Your first post was so vague that no one knew what your problem was and its hard to give helpful advice if we don't know what the problem is and what has been tried. Sometimes a person will join, post a bitch about the car and disappear and that is what they were responding to. I hope that you get your problem fixed soon, keep us posted.

xDizzle
08-11-2010, 06:35 PM
I have the same ipod problem its annoying. >_<

R1bbit
08-11-2010, 08:08 PM
I can get it to malfunction with them in the car, but the one time it was more than just "oh, I see" they did not want to take it back. They have simply taken to "documenting" it at this point. The Scion engineer is coming next week to see if he can identify/fix the problem, though I have major concerns that it is in the electrical system. I have the problem of people not taking me seriously because I'm 23 and a girl, but I think they decided to take notice on the oh, 8th trip to get it "fixed" though they first said there was not a problem. Basically if anyone has had this problem and can get it fixed, or has dealt with Scion/Toyota dispute settlement process so I have some idea of what I am walking into, advice would be wonderful.

robbiej
08-11-2010, 10:35 PM
Sorry, never had to deal with them myself. Lets hope that the engineer can figure it out.

R1bbit
08-11-2010, 10:37 PM
Thanks.

JJGeneral1
08-12-2010, 07:37 PM
I can get it to malfunction with them in the car, but the one time it was more than just "oh, I see" they did not want to take it back. They have simply taken to "documenting" it at this point. The Scion engineer is coming next week to see if he can identify/fix the problem, though I have major concerns that it is in the electrical system. I have the problem of people not taking me seriously because I'm 23 and a girl, but I think they decided to take notice on the oh, 8th trip to get it "fixed" though they first said there was not a problem. Basically if anyone has had this problem and can get it fixed, or has dealt with Scion/Toyota dispute settlement process so I have some idea of what I am walking into, advice would be wonderful.

i was told that about my keyless when i was having trouble. "when the field engineer gets into this area, we'll contact you"....

yeah... been over 6 months now...