PDA

View Full Version : So what if any speeding tickets have you received?

CXTKRS1
08-15-2010, 03:10 AM
Just got a ticket for doing 59 in a 40. Five lane rd which goes from a forty to sixty after you get out of the city and of course the sheriff is shooting his radar right into the forty zone.http://www.ls2.com/forums/images/smilies/3gears.gif

TexXBox
08-15-2010, 09:48 PM
Urm..... I plead the fifth. :) When I was much younger I did manage one for more than 50 over. I was able to get it off my record with a defensive driving course. Not sure how I pulled that off.

xd king
08-15-2010, 10:28 PM
i got caught doing 110 in a 75 but the cop only put 90 on the ticket
90 in a 45
and 40 in a 25
plus tons of fix it tickets
and thats all in 3 years and just shy of 100k on the d

xd_kidd
08-16-2010, 10:11 AM
i got caught doing 110 in a 75 but the cop only put 90 on the ticket
90 in a 45
and 40 in a 25
plus tons of fix it tickets
and thats all in 3 years and just shy of 100k on the d

Have you takn it to the track or dyno'd? Curious how fast your xd is with weight reduction

fantomXD
08-16-2010, 10:20 PM
If I listed all of my speeding tickets, this post would be a novel lol. but most were usually 10-15 over, one was 110 in a 50, but all i got was impeading traffic. but no more tickets for me, going on 4 years

xd_kidd
08-16-2010, 11:43 PM
I bet I can beat that, last summer. 75 on a 30 and in montgomery county md thats 5pts and $500. He said "I should just revoke your license". Despite all that, I still decided to take it court and got a friend who was 6month pregnant and made it seem like shes my soon to be baby's mamma. the judge saw us and when I went up. I just told him to excuse me cause "I have many expenses coming up" and he just made me pay half and only 2pts lol .. what he didnt know it was only car payment and school semester :) lol

TheLittleDeviant
08-17-2010, 07:57 AM
^^^ beat you!!! 80 in a 25! $825 ticket :) booya! oh wait....... thats my fail isnt it? LOLOLOLOLOL, best part is that the cop said he followed me through 3 zones, when I read the ticket, the 3 zones he "followed me through" were coming from the opposite direction that I was coming from... OH and the judge thought I was at fault, even though the cop was unable to identify my vehicle correctly, nor remember where he pulled me over... go figure...

JJGeneral1
08-17-2010, 07:55 PM
none on my D... i had 2 when i was younger... 2003, and 2004. first was "58 in a 40" when i was clearly doing 47, and the kid next to me wanted to race, and blew past me, probably only pulled me over cause he recognized my car out of the pack with the firefighter lights on it (mounted to the roof)

second was "70 in a 55". I was on my way to a wreck with entrapment, but i was one township over, and according to our state laws, you can't run your emergency lights until you are in the township you serve. i told the cop, he called dispatch, confirmed, and still wrote me the ticket. when i went to court, i let him know the person died before we could rescue them out of the car, judge still gave me 2 points, but reduced it to "5 over" and still charged me $150... asshole. i bet if it was someone he loved that was in that car he'd have seen things a different way.

robbiej
08-17-2010, 08:44 PM
Got pulled over for racing(two cars going over 100) on the freeway when I was 16 in my '68 Mustang California Special, first offense, he let us both go. I haven't gotten many speeding tickets, one in the mid 80's for going 75 in a 55, but everyone else was going 75, my bright red honda got his attention, lol, wrote me up for 65 in a 55, that was going south up the grapevine.

xd_kidd
08-17-2010, 09:48 PM
Got pulled over for racing(two cars going over 100) on the freeway when I was 16 in my '68 Mustang California Special, first offense, he let us both go. I haven't gotten many speeding tickets, one in the mid 80's for going 75 in a 55, but everyone else was going 75, my bright red honda got his attention, lol, wrote me up for 65 in a 55, that was going south up the grapevine.

you got pulled over for owning a honda lol

TexXBox
08-17-2010, 10:41 PM
second was "70 in a 55". I was on my way to a wreck with entrapment, but i was one township over, and according to our state laws, you can't run your emergency lights until you are in the township you serve. i told the cop, he called dispatch, confirmed, and still wrote me the ticket. when i went to court, i let him know the person died before we could rescue them out of the car, judge still gave me 2 points, but reduced it to "5 over" and still charged me $150... asshole. i bet if it was someone he loved that was in that car he'd have seen things a different way.

That is truly BS. So much for looking out for a fellow public servant. I guess there are a lot of small people with big power where you are.

My sister had a boyfriend years ago that would pull out his deceased fathers fire department badge and holder and put it open on the dash whenever he was pulled over before the officer made it to the car. They never said anything about it, but he skated on a LOT of crap that he rightfully should have had to account for because of it. And of course, he never served the department or any one else for that matter, but himself.

Life ain't always fair, but it usually works out in the end.

TheLittleDeviant
08-18-2010, 05:59 PM
That is truly BS. So much for looking out for a fellow public servant. I guess there are a lot of small people with big power where you are.

My sister had a boyfriend years ago that would pull out his deceased fathers fire department badge and holder and put it open on the dash whenever he was pulled over before the officer made it to the car. They never said anything about it, but he skated on a LOT of crap that he rightfully should have had to account for because of it. And of course, he never served the department or any one else for that matter, but himself.

Life ain't always fair, but it usually works out in the end.

One of my friends used to hang his security badge (which looked like a cops badge) from his rearview mirror... he got out of a lot of tickets too, cops would assume he was an unmarked cruiser and never even stop him...

JJGeneral1
08-18-2010, 09:14 PM
One of my friends used to hang his security badge (which looked like a cops badge) from his rearview mirror... he got out of a lot of tickets too, cops would assume he was an unmarked cruiser and never even stop him...

maybe i should do that with my firehall badge. i do have a dash light, and lights mounted to the rear interior roof.

TexXBox
08-18-2010, 10:19 PM

May he be doomed to a life driving a car lowered to the bump stops, with a lip kit at 40 mph on a road made of speed bumps and potholes.
:)

x2cafn8dx
08-23-2010, 01:06 PM
no speeding tickets in the D.. in fact.. none since i was 21. not worth all those points and money to get somewhere 15 minutes faster. I set the cruise for the speed limit or 5 over depending on where i am. I still make good time. F you if you tailgate me.. go around... i'll wave at you a couple of miles down the road when you're pulled over. I have beeped and waived at people pulled over down the road that were being douches behind me lol

MoFaux
08-24-2010, 06:57 AM
So, I thought my xD was still virgin, unsullied by the law. But my wife called me the other day, she wanted to meet me for lunch after she stopped by the local police station. I could not fathom why she was going to the cop shop, so I inquired....

Turns out the one time I let her borrow my xD she gets a ticket for 15 over. She tells me "your car goes faster than mine" :boxed: LOL.......

I felt violated, my little D went to the dark side without me......:disgust:

So far no tickets for me in the xD, though I've had a few in my lifetime. Nothing of any real note.

xDizzle
08-24-2010, 10:11 AM
i got one the second day i drove my D 46 in a 25 the i got one for 70 in a 45 and my most recent one that got my liscense suspended was 88 in a 70 $265! and $114 for tint from that same cop! State Troopers = el grande dick! lol

xDTool
08-31-2010, 01:50 PM
i always have more trouble with the small town cops than the state troopers here in louisiana. they do whatever they have to, to fill their quota at the end of every month. both of my speeding tickets, were by town cops, where the cops lied, the first one was a 68 in a 45 where i was still in a 65 mph zone that was about to go down to a 45 when he hit me with the radar. the second, which was last week on the interstate, had my cruise on 75mph, and he said he clocked me doing 84. i told him he must have had the wrong car , because i was certain i had my cruise on, and he responded "no way to mistake this little lowrider."

got the first one dismissed in court, and already working on getting the second one fixed

xDizzle
09-01-2010, 09:37 AM
lol nice!!! i wish i would have took mines to court i got m liscense suspended for it. which blows hardcore!

ThisorThatxD
10-01-2010, 08:17 AM
just got a 70 in a 45 last night. i honestly think it's a load of BS since doing 60 on the road i was on is pushing it, but i wasnt really looking since i was driving in a tropical storm.

other one was last year in my 93 dodge stealth. 82 in a 55. VA is a real pain, everything you do gets you the "reckless" badge. this was reduced and just pay 237$ and leave. hoping for the same this time. :worthy: