PDA

View Full Version : Stock tint %, if any?

ThisorThatxD
09-09-2010, 09:43 AM
hey all, just wondering what the stock tint %'s are. i'm pretty sure mine has some for the back/rear. however, i wanted to get matching all around which in VA comes out to 50% since the fronts are the weakest link here.

firstkingofbeer
09-12-2010, 08:23 AM
mine didnt have any tint

KILLA XD
09-12-2010, 07:31 PM
it depends what state you live, some dealerships in Tulsa put less then 35% on the car.

ThisorThatxD
09-13-2010, 08:17 AM
mmm, then i guess its just location specific. ill just have to take it in and see.

xd_kidd
09-13-2010, 10:59 AM
Either way. Can't go wrong with 20%:happy3: haha

TheLittleDeviant
09-13-2010, 11:25 AM
If your asking what the factory glass has for tint its 7%
If your asking what a dealership installed on the car when it arrived to them, no idea... you'll need a tint meter to find out what its at...

CXTKRS1
09-13-2010, 12:46 PM
Either way. Can't go wrong with 20%:happy3: haha

This, 20% seems to be the magic number.

ThisorThatxD
09-13-2010, 01:19 PM
as appealing as 20% may be, i wouldnt risk it in VA. they love finding reasons to give you tickets. im going to miss them thinking im just a little econo-box after my modding starts. :emotions36:

KILLA XD
09-13-2010, 03:57 PM
Here you go, for more go here http://www.tintcenter.com/laws/
Virginia Window Tint Law
Virginia Tint Law Enacted: 1999
HOW DARK CAN WINDOW TINT BE IN VIRGINIA?

Darkness of tint is measured by Visible Light Transmission percentage (VLT%). In Virginia, this percentage refers to percentage of visible light allowed in through the combination of film and the window.

Windshield Non-reflective tint is allowed along the top of the windshield above the manufacturer's AS-1 line.
Front Side Windows Must allow more than 50% of light in.
Back Side Windows Must allow more than 35% of light in.
Rear Window Must allow more than 35% of light in.

HOW REFLECTIVE CAN THE TINT BE IN VIRGINIA?

Similar to sunglass lenses, some tinting film contain metallic elements that help in reflecting incoming light and reducing the glare and heat generated by visible light.

Front Side Windows Must not be more than 20% reflective.
Back Side Windows Must not be more than 20% reflective.

OTHER VIRGINIA RULES AND REGULATIONS

Restricted Colors The tint color(s) of RED AMBER YELLOW are not legal by state law.
Side Mirrors Dual side mirrors are required if back window is tinted.
Certificate Requirements Manufacturers of film do NOT need to certify the film they sell in the state.
Sticker Requirements
Medical Exemption State allows medical exemptions for special tint. For more details about the specific terms of the exemption, consult your state law.

---------- Post added at 03:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:53 PM ----------

This, 20% seems to be the magic number.
almost everyone in Oklahoma is doing 5% or 15%, I'm going to do 20%. they really don't care here in Oklahoma. We don't even have car car inspections.

xd_kidd
09-13-2010, 04:48 PM
ii think even 20% is looking alil too clear for me. Or maybe since I've had it since almost 2 yrs lol prolly after winter I'll go for 5% lol

Cylon_xD
09-18-2010, 08:04 PM
Well, Pennsylvania really sucks, they allow NO tint at all, on any windows... But, I have 35% on my sides and rear, and the cops haven't bothered me... my friend had 20% on his tC, and he got stopped 4 times for tint and they made him take it off the last time... Harassment, I say!!