PDA

View Full Version : New XD for me!

FBI
09-18-2010, 08:19 PM
I bought my Black XD last Sun. I have had the car 6 days and have really enjoyed driving this car. I drop the car off tomorrow to get my extras installed: rear sway bar, quick shifter, TRD exhaust, performance filter and the armrest. I got the only XD on the lot that had a manual transmission. It is a funky little car and I rarely see one. Although the first day I drove it home from work I followed another black XD for about 20 minutes in bumper to bumper traffic. I commute 50 miles round trip each day so I wanted good gas mileage and and a comfortable ride. I almost went with a new corrola till I sat in the XD. I am 6' 5" and I thought there is no way I would fit, but I fit quite well. The gas mileage on the dash says I am averaging 36.4 mpg with two bars left on my complimentary tank of gas.

I plan on a cold air induction and some rims. I also want custom pin-striping but this will all have to wait until I get our other car paid off.

I would like to say hello to everyone and hope to have some great forum discussion.

FBI

JDMJim
09-18-2010, 08:31 PM
the meter reads about 3-4mpg higher than posted. but still better than my 5sp. there is a big spread in the averages. I need that shifter part and sway bar of some sort.

Cylon_xD
09-18-2010, 08:34 PM
Hello, FBI, Welcome to SXDF!

The dashboard mpg reading is generally +2 mpg higher than what you're actually getting, you'll have to calculate your actual mileage after a tankful to verify... But you're doing better than me, my 08 xD has never gotten over 32 mpg, and that was on a long highway trip. I average about 28 in regular daily driving, about 30% highway and 70% country roads...

TexXBox
09-18-2010, 11:27 PM
Howdy and welcome to the forum. You're going to have a lot of fun with your car. Lots of good stuff here. I have a 5 speed as well. I think I saw 30mpg once or twice. Usually about 25-27 for me in mixed driving. I seem to be on the low end of the scale mileage wise. McBrew does better pulling a trailer than I do. :worthy:

x2cafn8dx
09-19-2010, 12:04 AM
welcome.. the rear sway bar is the best investment ever :)

hope you enjoy your stay

---------- Post added at 05:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:02 AM ----------

oh and my last trip to florida i averaged 45 mpg

fantomXD
09-19-2010, 01:40 AM
welcome to SXDF

wooly willy
09-19-2010, 04:05 PM
Welcome! Always glad to see a fellow Ohioan around...

I just put in a Spectre fresh air filter (not cold air per say...). Gives the engine a nice throaty sound when you get into it.

FBI
09-19-2010, 06:41 PM
Hello, FBI, Welcome to SXDF!

The dashboard mpg reading is generally +2 mpg higher than what you're actually getting, you'll have to calculate your actual mileage after a tankful to verify... But you're doing better than me, my 08 xD has never gotten over 32 mpg, and that was on a long highway trip. I average about 28 in regular daily driving, about 30% highway and 70% country roads...

I went to work today so I could get caught up. I filled up because the last bar was flashing at me. Before I filled up the MPG avg. was 36.9. If that means I get 34 MPG I will be extremely happy. I dropped it off at the dealership so I can get my goodies installed. I will report back after a little road testing.

Thanks Everyone for the welcome.

FBI