PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust

FBI
09-26-2010, 02:02 PM
I just had the TRD exhaust put on my xD. I notice a little more torque. The engine seems like it needs a little less gas starting out in 1st. Does anyone know what gains can be had from a TRD exhaust in terms of hp or trq? By the way it sounds very good. Has a lot of low bassy note to it and stays that way even in the higher RPM's.

Thanks in Advance

xd_kidd
09-26-2010, 03:57 PM
for this axle back. its pretty minimal about 1-3 horses. i always found the lowering springs made my car a bit quicker.

CXTKRS1
09-27-2010, 01:15 PM
I think the highest dyno gains have been 6 fwhp.

wooly willy
09-27-2010, 05:45 PM
i always found the lowering springs made my car a bit quicker.

I don't think I understand... Does lowering a car affect the drag/aerodynamics enough to actually be noticeable, or are you joking in a manner similar to "spoilers/trunk wings add horsepower."

xd_kidd
09-27-2010, 06:07 PM
I don't think I understand... Does lowering a car affect the drag/aerodynamics enough to actually be noticeable, or are you joking in a manner similar to "spoilers/trunk wings add horsepower."

Lol your funny. No I don't mean stickers adding hp joke. As in yea more aerodynamic when its closer to the ground. Doesn't add power but feels like it. Causes less lag at higher top end imo. And a lot less roll in turns .. btw in behalf wif df springs

mcbrew
10-06-2010, 09:31 PM
Tighter springs, especially in the rear, will translate to more torque at the wheels because less torque is lost making the car squat. I notice a big difference when I have 20 PSI or more in my rear spring air bags. Of course, the ride is more harsh... but there is a notable difference when taking off from a stop.

The same goes for torque dampers on an engine. The less torque is wasted making the engine twist on its mounts, the more gets to the wheels.

Jay Smyles
10-06-2010, 10:28 PM
very deep. Never thought that much into it.

xd_kidd
10-06-2010, 11:10 PM
hey mcbrew,
im trying to have a small meet for xd's in the dmv and p area.
check it out if your interested :)

http://www.scionlife.com/forums/showthread.php?t=194169

xDgurl
06-30-2011, 07:19 PM
I have the TRD axleback exhaust and love the sound. It is a deep sound and it is not obnoxious. Just right. I would recommend it to anyone.