PDA

View Full Version : iPod Question??

FBI
09-30-2010, 11:35 AM
When I plug in my iPod, I get the Scion logo and my songs stream horizontally across the screen. When I try to use the dial on the iPod it does not respond. I can listen to music but I would like to listen to my podcasts as well. Any hints greatly appreciated.

JDMJim
09-30-2010, 05:01 PM
^^really? with i-pod plugged into any i-pod compatible radio(OE or aftermarket) you control the i-pod from the radio...check your intruction booklet

FBI
10-01-2010, 07:01 AM
^^really? with i-pod plugged into any i-pod compatible radio(OE or aftermarket) you control the i-pod from the radio...check your intruction booklet

This is the first time I 've used my iPod and I just assumed I could use the dial on the iPod itself. rtfm on my part.

JDMJim
10-01-2010, 11:56 AM
i figured it may be the first I-pod deck you had

FBI
10-02-2010, 12:46 PM
This is the first time I 've used my iPod and I just assumed I could use the dial on the iPod itself. rtfm on my part.

I can't hardly believe how difficult it is to interface with the player. Not user friendly.

JDMJim
10-02-2010, 06:50 PM
yea, I just leave it on shuffle these days. it's hopeless looking for artists and such on that deck. look into an Alpine I-pod deck if you want the best control. a bit pricey, but worth the cash. it was my favorite radio when I was selling car stereo stuff

Jay Smyles
10-06-2010, 10:54 PM
i just pulled the Ipod plug out and installed a usb extension in its place. Put all my music on a thumb drive and use my radio as the interface. No cables to worry about or Ipod takin up one of our many cup holders either! ;)

TexXBox
10-06-2010, 11:26 PM
I have recently discovered the joys of USB music. My only complaint is that I can't/haven't figured out how to shuffle play the mp3's. I appear to be stuck with listening in the order that the files were saved on the media. My xD is a 2010 model with the stock USB port/interface. And no, I haven't read the stereo owners manual. That would be too easy.

Jay Smyles
10-07-2010, 02:52 PM
i havent really looked into shuffling yet. I always change the music in my "randomness" folder. Then i have other folders for what im in the mood for. Rock/Rap/Country...also save by artists..something to think about.

TexXBox
10-07-2010, 10:32 PM
I have a few dedicated folders for different genres, but I like the variety that shuffle gives me. I hate having to rename everything to change its play order in my "mix" folder since it has several hundred tunes in it and I am lazy.

Jay Smyles
10-10-2010, 12:45 PM
haha yeah im still trying to figure out the shuffle thing as well... it does get a bit repetative after a while

TexXBox
10-11-2010, 11:13 PM
So today I'm in my car complaining to my buddy that I can't make my USB drive shuffle play and press the random button on the head unit to prove that it doesn't work in that mode and........ Suddenly it works and I now am listening to random/shuffle play of all the music on my USB stick. It even randomizes the folders while it's randomizing the songs. I was a little surprised when it jumped genres from a Stevie Wonder song to Tool. :)

Now if I could just figure out why I was never able to successfully do this the hundreds of times I tried it before I would be ecstatic.

Jay Smyles
10-13-2010, 12:13 AM
haha.. i would be ecstatic anyway!

mcbrew
10-15-2010, 10:54 PM
You CAN control the iPod from the iPod itself. You need to change that setting on your radio. It is in the manual.