PDA

View Full Version : Custom Turn Signals

simmons0613
11-27-2010, 05:42 PM
Sorry if there is a forum already, I couldn't find one.

I'm thinking about ripping apart my headlights and instead of removing the orange turn signal thingys, I would just paint them with a high reflective blue paint. My color scheme is grey and blue. I have the Magnetic Gray paint color.

Does anyone know of were to buy this paint or if it has been done before?

xd_kidd
12-01-2010, 11:50 PM
no1 has done that yet. u'll be the 1st. good luck and welcome lol

simmons0613
12-02-2010, 02:24 PM
sweet, I am currently trying to find a way to paint it without causing any runs but still keep a distinct blue and reflective look. This is very pain staking. I already ruined 3 pairs of headlights i picked up from the junkyard as practice.

katchkillah
12-03-2010, 04:16 AM
good luck on this. definitely wanna see the finished product. i cheated and just bought new headlights. lol

---------- Post added at 11:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 PM ----------

and made mine clear.

simmons0613
12-03-2010, 02:51 PM
ok, so i have given up on this project. i cant find any paint that will still allow the ligh to pass through without showing any orange color:emotions122:. if someone could send me link to a place where i could get a clear one, then it would we easy. but untill then its a fail.:angry94:

xd_kidd
12-03-2010, 03:14 PM
well either you can open headlight and remove the orange by baking it. or you can do what katch did and go with toyota ist headlights. there nice but its gonna cost you though lol. or you can just smoke them black. thats what ii did and the eyelids.

simmons0613
12-03-2010, 06:17 PM
well i want to get eyelids. but i just wanted to paint the little orange lense blue. eh, i will figure something out. I already planned on baking them open. Thats what i did with my test pieces.

---------- Post added at 06:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:14 PM ----------

what is the website for the ist headlights?

xDTool
12-03-2010, 07:14 PM
Im just gonna add in there that putting anything that flashes blue/green/red on the front side of your car and blue/green on the back of your car will make you a cop magnet. even if its just a turn signal. Not sure exactly if thats what you were trying to accomplish

well i want to get eyelids. but i just wanted to paint the little orange lense blue. eh, i will figure something out. I already planned on baking them open. Thats what i did with my test pieces.

---------- Post added at 06:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:14 PM ----------

what is the website for the ist headlights?

xd_kidd
12-03-2010, 11:48 PM
[/COLOR]what is the website for the ist headlights?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TOYOTA-IST-SCION-xD-GENUINE-HID-DISCHARGE-HEADLIGHT-SET-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem2ea4c321bcQQitemZ20033 2747196QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccesso ries#ht_1344wt_1159

pretty good deal right? lol

simmons0613
12-04-2010, 09:34 AM
Im just gonna add in there that putting anything that flashes blue/green/red on the front side of your car and blue/green on the back of your car will make you a cop magnet. even if its just a turn signal. Not sure exactly if thats what you were trying to accomplish

I'm going to put in a amber light bulb so it will flash orange, but when its not flashing it has a blue look.

---------- Post added at 09:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 AM ----------

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TOYOTA-IST-SCION-xD-GENUINE-HID-DISCHARGE-HEADLIGHT-SET-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem2ea4c321bcQQitemZ20033 2747196QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccesso ries#ht_1344wt_1159

pretty good deal right? lol

Dang! Thats expensive... i guess i will have to keep working on it lol

x2cafn8dx
12-04-2010, 11:35 AM
I don't know about this.. but on my xB, I painted the stock tails red with Testor's Candy Apple Red Clearcoat model paint specifically for doing tail lights on model cars. There might be something blue available. I don't work at the model train store anymore so i can't really dig. Check it out.. and to keep from running i airbrushed it on :) (and held up in Florida Sun)

hope that helps a little.. sorry if it doesn't

simmons0613
12-04-2010, 12:20 PM
Ya I thought about just painting it directly on the headlight but it wont look completely factory. Thats kind of the look im going for.

simmons0613
12-11-2010, 03:10 PM

Ya, me and my buddy put blue leds in our headlights and we got a warning for them.