Scion XD Forum

Scion XD Forum (http://www.scionxdforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.scionxdforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   My new Scion (http://www.scionxdforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1370)

macko_macko 01-11-2012 10:09 AM

Spectre Intake

1 Attachment(s)
So, looking around the forum i found some good ideas for a DIY Intake. Actually i wanted the typhoon K&N Intake, but $250 for that i think it was too much, so i went with the DIY road. Tell me what you think.

P.S.
Right now I'm monitoring my MPG to see if it was any worth the change. BTW it only cost $30.

macko_macko 01-16-2012 08:32 AM

The final product!!

5 Attachment(s)
So here is the final product of my car. After a lil more than 4 month this is how my car looks right now with the help of all of you guys, still need to work on a couple of minor details, but i think i won't do anything big for a while now. So let me know what you guys think.....am i worthy of been in the calendar...lol :b just kidding.

ThisorThatxD 01-16-2012 09:05 AM

looks good man. i didnt think i would like the accents but they really did come through.

needs moar low tho ;p

macko_macko 04-09-2012 10:24 AM

DIY intake

3 Attachment(s)
So, following the instructions from one of the users in this forum i did this little number DIY intake. it was fairly easy. Just follow the instructions in this link: http://www.scionxdforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=906

I dont know how to reset the MPG clock thou it went craxy. It went all the way down to 9MPG on saturday. I barely used my car on the weekend so today Monday its on 24 MPG and going up lil by lil. The same happend when i only change the air filter, it took up to 4 days to reach the expected MPG. I dont know if this is a usual behavior. Let me know.

1sweetxd 04-09-2012 12:24 PM

looks good! looks almost exactly like mine. lol. i cant help ya with the mpg issue though. after i did my intake, i didnt have any issues with my mpg gauge. if anything mine went up. i was averaging around 32 before and now im getting around 34

macko_macko 04-09-2012 01:54 PM

So, quick question. I want an exhaust pipe, that gives me a nice sound (not too lound, im not aiming for that), gives me a nice hp boost, but it doesn't break my pocket like the TRD one would (it cost almost $400). Any suggestions?

1sweetxd 04-09-2012 05:13 PM

like ive said before.....cut your muffler off and run straight pipe out the back to whatever tip you want to use. hella cheap and sounds really good considering we have a built in resonator.

i was going to put a magnaflow muffler on my car...we test fitted it and no muffler at all sounded a lot better! about the same loudness but it didnt have the high pitch like the muffler did. saved me almost $200.

xd_kidd 04-09-2012 08:00 PM

I'm selling my trd one but I'm such a procrastinator on slapping that thing off lol.. Straight pipe is way to loud lol

macko_macko 04-10-2012 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xd_kidd (Post 13668)
I'm selling my trd one but I'm such a procrastinator on slapping that thing off lol.. Straight pipe is way to loud lol

Are you still selling it? For how much?

macko_macko 04-10-2012 07:48 AM

Loosing MPG after DIY intake

3 Attachment(s)
So...i need your advise. LIke i mention i installed the DIY intake following the exact instruction, but i notice that instead of gaining MPG im loosing. Yes, the car feels it has more torque (or force, im new at this lol), but i thought that with that i was suppose to gain MPG. So instead of gaing 2 points like some mention, im loosing 2 instead. I'll post new pics i took just now to see if you guys notice something different i made or i should have made. Thanks for the help.

ThisorThatxD 04-10-2012 08:24 AM

^only thing i can think of, looking at the pics, is youre getting happy with the skinny pedal. especially since its just 2mpg. a lot of times, people will do something like this and go WOT a lot more than before, thus they lose a little, even though they expect gains in mpg. its nothing against you. i had the same issue when i put my injen in lol.

macko_macko 04-10-2012 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThisorThatxD (Post 13671)
^only thing i can think of, looking at the pics, is youre getting happy with the skinny pedal. especially since its just 2mpg. a lot of times, people will do something like this and go WOT a lot more than before, thus they lose a little, even though they expect gains in mpg. its nothing against you. i had the same issue when i put my injen in lol.

Sorry for asking, but "WOT"?

ThisorThatxD 04-10-2012 09:51 AM

wide open throttle.

macko_macko 04-11-2012 04:38 PM

3 Attachment(s)
So, some things happened to me today. First i got into a huge traffic today (I mean "War of the Worlds" traffic). So trying to avoid it, i got into a huge hole on the road (I can still taste the asphalt on my tongue) and made some damage on my painted rims. Second, i got my EZ-LIP, not quite what i was expecting. The tape didn't apply all the way to the end of the bumper (from right to left) so i had to made some adjustment to it. It looks nice thou, but i need second opinions. I'll post pics of everything.

SciFion 04-13-2012 11:18 AM

Nice lip!

macko_macko 04-16-2012 03:49 PM

Does anyone knows how to remove the front black grill that is between the hood and the bumber?

macko_macko 04-22-2012 10:58 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I did this lil number on my car this weekend. I think (and i pretty sure this is the same thing a told my wife like 4 mods ago) this is the last mod im doing on the outside for a while now. I'm gonna focus on the interior now. Let me know what you think about the car.

YELOSUB 04-22-2012 11:03 PM

Looks good!