Scion XD Forum

Scion XD Forum (http://www.scionxdforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.scionxdforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Rally xD (http://www.scionxdforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=903)

CXTKRS1 04-06-2011 01:42 PM

Will be interesting to see how the engine holds up after long term use. If the 1.8 can hold together with at lest six psi then I think their will be some significant interest generated by this...now will Greddy make a kit for the general population is another story.

Whack-A-Mole 04-06-2011 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CXTKRS1 (Post 10235)
Will be interesting to see how the engine holds up after long term use. If the 1.8 can hold together with at lest six psi then I think their will be some significant interest generated by this...now will Greddy make a kit for the general population is another story.

@ CXTKRS1 it does pay to be objective. Think posative man! I am really pumped for this. Our compression is not to high, but I wonder about our fuel system or afm. @ Rally XD did you guys have to upgrade anything? Fuel pump/injectors/afm/fuel rail ect? I'm religiously following your blog, and loving it!

Rally xD 04-07-2011 10:27 AM

Turbo Scion xD

Quote:

Originally Posted by CXTKRS1 (Post 10235)

Definitely something we are all wondering about. The E-manage is set at 2 different setting, one at 4 psi, the other at 6 psi. The dual settings will allow the driver some options during the stages. We hope to have some testing sessions soon prior to the next race event.

Whack-A-Mole 04-07-2011 10:37 PM

Since you announced the winner to the caption contest, could you also tell us your favorites that didn't win?

Rally xD 04-08-2011 08:30 AM

There were a lot of really good submissions. So much participation that we are going to have another giveaway, this time something even cooler. Stayed tuned for that post online on the team site for contest and prize information.

Rally xD 04-11-2011 12:01 AM

We're giving away a new HD GoPro camera for the next competition/giveaway.

Post with details online at the team site this week.

xd_kidd 04-11-2011 12:32 PM

I deff. Gotta have this lol

Skeeno 04-11-2011 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rally xD (Post 10322)
We're giving away a new HD GoPro camera for the next competition/giveaway.

Post with details online at the team site this week.

Nice.

I have always enjoyed rally and now that I have an xD and you guys rally the xD, it's like a match made in heaven.

Whack-A-Mole 04-12-2011 04:45 PM

Fill us in on that new clutch! Aftermarket parts are hard to find, and I went to ACT's website (probably not up to date) and they didn't have a kit readily available. So the fact you found one is awesome! It's obviously performance oriented, but what all does it include? Is it lighter, just more friction, does it include a lighter flywheel, and does the part coincide for another vehicle and fit our car as well? Religiously watching, all bow down before the mighty Rally XD!

Rally xD 04-13-2011 12:13 AM

Clutch

Rumor has it that an existing off the shelf clutch is compatible. Getting info from our techs and ACT soon. Will post up info asap.

Whack-A-Mole 04-13-2011 08:12 PM

Well, I'll go ahead and guess. Yaris clutch?

Rally xD 04-13-2011 10:29 PM

Giveaway details are up..go check them out.

Waiting on info on the clutch. Hope to get them for you this week/weekend.

xd_kidd 04-13-2011 10:49 PM

Ima say corolla clutch

Rally xD 04-14-2011 08:22 AM

Yeah I heard it could be. I also heard it could be a Celica, MR2 and even Lotus.

Whack-A-Mole 04-14-2011 11:50 PM

I was reading your blog, and saw that before Chris left he wanted the XD turbo charged. All I can say is god bless that man, and wish him well in his future ventures.

Rally xD 04-15-2011 08:59 AM

Who doesn't want more power right! Last years goals didn't have engine development in the plans. This year...different story. Plus now with ACP driving, had to do it. It'll be interesting to see even with the turbo how he'll pilot a car with less then 1/2 the power of his standard rally race car.

xd king 04-15-2011 09:40 AM

i want more power, i have 6 renderings done for the contest already just gotta send them in

Rally xD 04-17-2011 09:50 AM

We look forward to seeing all of your renderings. Send some finished ones in.

robbiej 04-17-2011 01:39 PM

I need to print up a few of those pics and get out the crayons, get to coloring, lol.

simmons0613 04-17-2011 01:44 PM

Oh hell ya. I'm hoppin' in on this one. I can finally apply my designs to an xd.

xd_kidd 04-18-2011 02:27 PM

damn ii wish ii can photoshop. time to bring out the colored pencils lol

Whack-A-Mole 04-21-2011 05:27 PM

So have they filled you in on which clutch kit they gave you?

Rally xD 04-23-2011 12:06 PM

I hope to have that info for you by the end of the weekend. Also...just heard from the techs that we are going to test a KAAZ LSD along with the new ACT clutch.

XDevolution 04-23-2011 12:53 PM

I just saw your dyno graphs and i have a question, does your baseline reading include and other performance parts that add HP and TRQ or is it just the turbo kit alone. To my knowledge you guys have the GReddy exhaust as well i just wanna know if that was included.

Rally xD 04-23-2011 09:36 PM

You are correct. The baseline already included the greddy exhaust and the weapon R headers.

XDevolution 04-24-2011 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rally xD (Post 10451)
You are correct. The baseline already included the greddy exhaust and the weapon R headers.

correct me if im wrong, the baseline of 115.5 whp and 115.04 lbs-trq included the header and the exhaust? wow that means our car has like no power to the wheels. whats the absolute baseline with NO modifications

Whack-A-Mole 04-24-2011 11:52 PM

It depends on the Dyno and the altitude.

CXTKRS1 04-25-2011 03:14 AM

What is said should be no surprise, the car only has 128 HP stock. I'm curious to know what RPM was the HP and torque was measured at.

Whack-A-Mole 04-25-2011 03:28 AM

Here's K&N's Dyno they did a couple of years ago. http://www.knfilters.com/dynocharts/69-8615_dyno.pdf

CXTKRS1 04-25-2011 03:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whack-A-Mole (Post 10469)
Here's K&N's Dyno they did a couple of years ago. http://www.knfilters.com/dynocharts/69-8615_dyno.pdf

Eh it is like a wanna be old and busted V8 with that torque and RPM read out.

Whack-A-Mole 04-25-2011 06:29 AM

I like it! It's a nice long flat power band. Dude, I swear you hate your car. Why don't you sell it, and quit you glum remarks? There's tons of other vehicles that might impress upon on you, but this one doesn't seem to be for you. I can go around and crap on (ad nauseum) other cars, but I don't. The main reason I don't is because I know a car can be a personal thing, and people choose their cars depending on what they like. So it's always going to be an opinionated decision, and I respect/understand that. So to sum up I guess, just don't be a dick, dude.

Rally xD 04-25-2011 09:32 AM

The reality of what the xD is can't be changed but on the flip side, there are a lot of surprising options out there to really enhance the car's performance. It's a great looking, functionally capable vehicle with just a few add on (bolts-on) accessories can greatly enhance the driving experience. We're going to compile a list of parts, where to buy, from whom on all of the stuff we've researched out on our xD. In the end...we're actually racing and we're holding our own which has really been a great experience.

We race this weekend and are busy with tuning/prep. So bare with us on this weekend's posts on the team site: rallyxd.com

XDevolution 04-25-2011 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whack-A-Mole (Post 10469)

see i like the numbers on this graph and they clearly display a stock curve and a modified curve. this is the 3rd time ive posted about this, and i've contacted rally xd. i just need a graph to go by.

K&N graph shows numbers from a stock XD.
Greddy's graph shows very similar numbers but the XD is modded.

conditions have an affect on things but it shouldnt be a big enough affect where a modded XD has less HP and TRQ than a stock XD.

---------- Post added at 11:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 AM ----------

"We're going to compile a list of parts, where to buy, from whom on all of the stuff we've researched out on our xD. "

it would be much appreciated, I'm always looking for parts for the XD but really can't find any. whenever you can put up an updated list. it would be much appreciated.

CXTKRS1 04-25-2011 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whack-A-Mole (Post 10473)
I like it! It's a nice long flat power band. Dude, I swear you hate your car. Why don't you sell it, and quit you glum remarks? There's tons of other vehicles that might impress upon on you, but this one doesn't seem to be for you. I can go around and crap on (ad nauseum) other cars, but I don't. The main reason I don't is because I know a car can be a personal thing, and people choose their cars depending on what they like. So it's always going to be an opinionated decision, and I respect/understand that. So to sum up I guess, just don't be a dick, dude.

Whoa are you serious with this BS? I hate my car because I was not impressed with the dynograph that resembles something that would be in a truck? Alot of people on this board and other places like scionlife seem to be on cloud nine about this car and all I do is add a little dose of reality.

XDevolution 04-25-2011 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CXTKRS1 (Post 10488)
Whoa are you serious with this BS? I hate my car because I was not impressed with the dynograph that resembles something that would be in a truck? Alot of people on this board and other places like scionlife seem to be on cloud nine about this car and all I do is add a little dose of reality.

I dont care about the graph itself, power is power, as long as its recognized and gained thats wht should matter. some one also has said our power band resmebles a b-series civic

Rally xD 04-26-2011 01:00 AM

Fuel pump was upgraded...we grabbed a spare/stock tC one laying around at Greddy from one of their time attack cars. KAAZ lsd isn't going to make it to this upcoming race. We'll have to wait and test that upgrade at the next event in Oregon.

Whack-A-Mole 04-26-2011 04:14 AM

Good luck on the upcoming event. That's cool to know you can interchange with the TC fuel pump! Did you upgrade the injectors as well?

Got those shirts today, Thanks Rally xD!

Rally xD 04-28-2011 03:21 AM

Injectors....we did not. Stock. We do our first real test with our driver ACP tomorrow.

simmons0613 04-28-2011 10:05 AM

post vids if you can. I would love to see it run with the new upgrades.

Skeeno 05-03-2011 09:54 AM

I see a DNF/Mechanical at Rally AMerica. What happened/how were you doing? Give us an update.