Scion XD Forum

Scion XD Forum (http://www.scionxdforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.scionxdforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   So why did you buy a xD? (http://www.scionxdforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33)

SciFion 09-12-2009 11:15 PM

Welcome Ozzie! :favorites37:

TheLittleDeviant 09-14-2009 10:12 AM

Welcome to SXF Ozzie!

xd_kidd 09-18-2009 10:30 AM

I loved my volvo. I had an 01 s60 t5 (250hp turbo). it was running pretty well and I knew lot less about cars. But I got it in d.c no offense but yea they gave me a car with few problems that I thought I could of been fixed. Turned out transmission were done. 4k to fix it. so my parents said get a new car. I want another volvo but they didnt want let me get another volvo because of my experience with it. They preferably want me to get a japanesse car. 1st car was gonna be the new sentra ser v-spec, but too pricey. I was going to get the fit sport. But waiting for alil over a month so I can get the black 6pd version. but im alil of an impatient person so that wasnt going to happen. But I wanted to keep the family tradition with toyotas so I went to the toyota showcar room and there it was. I guess I just got excited in the moment and just got it w/o thinking. just looked all nice and clean :). turning one one the 25th :party28:

mcbrew 09-22-2009 10:45 AM

lol... I've never seen someone type "alil" before. That's a good one.

xd_kidd 09-22-2009 01:06 PM

soo much to catch up on :laughing1: but thanks lol

xDevint 09-22-2009 07:43 PM

My wife wanted one.

Flipper 09-24-2009 02:12 AM

Well . . . I had a pre-order on a Nissan Cube. And had been WAITING for confirmation of a delivery date, but it just didn't come in time for my needs. Which primarily included my owning a car with working A/C B4 it got crazy hot here in PHX.
I had looked @ xD's B4, but still thought it was worth the wait 4 the Cube. Yet I kept my eye on Autotrader.com for xD's , and when the listing for an '08 CPO car W/ just 10 K miles came up @ ~ 1,000$ under the Edmunds.com suggested pricing I snagged it!
I was "all about the Cube" but once I finally got to sit in one. . . I was less than impressed. Sure it has style . . . But the xD was just more CAR . And as I was buying A CAR , the better CAR won my $$$. + the Nissan dealer was NOT willing to do ANY dealing on the price. And in this market NO ONE pays full retail on a Nissan (except GT-R buyers).
Am I happy I got my xD . . .yes. Do I feel a little pang in my <3 when I see a cube? also yes.

YELOSUB 09-26-2009 10:32 AM

Well I started off with an 05 RS2 xB that I modded and had a ton of fun with...After 3 years, I thought I was bored with it and wanted a change so I sold it (still miss it) and bought a 2006 Mustang GT that was a blast to drive...The problem was that gas went up to over 4 bucks a gallon so I decided to sell it and go back to the brand that treated me really good...I have ALWAYS loved the HOT LAVA color since the RS1 xB days and when I saw it on the xD I knew that would be my next car...Well the rest is history...Funny thing is I said I was going to leave this thing stock, except for rims, but damn after modding the xB its too hard to leave anything alone...

RS2 xB:

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/b...IMG_1162-1.jpg

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/b...b/IMG_1203.jpg

2006 Mustang GT Premium Edition on Staggered Fit 20's:

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/b...IMG_2359-1.jpg

And my new love, RS1 xD:

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/b...b/IMG_0112.jpg

greevedogg 09-26-2009 11:01 AM

My '94 4runner was falling apart at the seams. Needed $2k worth of repairs. I was going to sell it to a friend for $600 when I discovered that I was eligible for "Cash for Clunkers"! $4500 for my beater! It was between the xD and Mazda3 hatchback...but the 3's were selling out everywhere and I couldn't get any mazda salesman to give me an out-the-door price. (And I wanted a '09 Mazda3 and all dealers had were the new 2010 models which body styling changed to my disliking.) Courtesy Scion salesman answered my inquiry the following morning, gave me the PurePrice quote. And Courtesy dealership has Lifetime Warranty on their cars for the original owner! SOLD! Now I'm a proud owner of a BSP xD!

SciFion 09-26-2009 11:08 AM

Excellent choice Greeves.. :happy107: Welcome to the forum!

YELOSUB 09-26-2009 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SciFion (Post 2177)
Excellent choice Greeves.. :happy107: Welcome to the forum!

++1

JDMJim 10-18-2009 03:46 PM

xD was not on my list of cars i was looking for. I needed to replace my aging, but excellent shape 93 Daytona ES. can't move babies around in the Daytona( with no AC and track suspension) very easily. all the windows frost inside during the winter, so I sadly let it go. I was looking for a Mazda Protege wagon or Mazdaspeed. Also looked at a Mazda 5( 5speed)too. I missed the 5 by a day and couldn't come up with a decent car that wasn't obviously beat on. also looked for Toyota Matrix with the 2ZZ( 6spd). but again, there was just nothing around Chicago. the far down the list was the xD. I puposely did not buy a xB2 cuz I didn't like the look. to be honest, I'm not a fan of the xD's front bumper. Toyota shoulda just left it like Japan and Europe has their's. SO I have this gray xD that has almost NO aftermarket support. But the price wasn't bad and the mileage is a little bit better than the Daytona. But the performance is not. by performance, i mean handling.

BowdilxD 11-30-2009 11:19 PM

I was driving an '03 Jeep Liberty Renegade that was loaded and I loved it! Didn't love the 15mpg highway mileage! I saw the RS1 on Auto Trader and fell in love. Picked mine up used with 8k miles on it at a Ford dealer for $14900. The salesman didn't know why it had a numbered badge on the dash. Took a bit of a loss on my Jeep but I'll make it up in gas savings pretty quick. I loved my 4wd but I'll just take my time this winter and enjoy the $$$ I'm saving. Besides....it's a blast to drive. It corners like the go karts I used to race at Mid Ohio.

mcbrew 12-08-2009 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BowdilxD (Post 3359)
I was driving an '03 Jeep Liberty Renegade... I loved my 4wd but I'll just take my time this winter and enjoy the $$$ I'm saving.

Hey, man... just buy all the necessary parts from an AWD xD (Toyota Urban Cruiser) from Europe and make yours AWD! Oh, and after you get all the bugs worked out, do mine!

808XD 04-08-2010 09:33 PM

I bought mine because my 99 corolla needed a new motor. I got the corrola for free. I was going to put a gts motor in it but decided to get something else. I went to a few used car lots and came across a 96 civic hb. I then went to the scion dealership and found my car. Its was a demo with 1k miles on it, but being it was a demo it knocked 3k off of the price. It was a choice between the civic and the d. The main reason I chose the d was because I knew if I got the civic I would attract cops.

mcbrew 05-25-2010 08:41 PM

Lol... It isn't the car that attracts cops... The driving and the illegal mods (blue light, etc.) attract cops!

x2cafn8dx 05-25-2010 08:52 PM

Yelosub.. I had an RS2 xB too. #854

I like my D better.

Me.. I had gone to the Toyota dealership intent on a Yellow hatchback Yaris. They had a Wasabi D in an Auto at the dealer, and i figures wth and took it for a drive. that sealed the deal. I asked them to find me a manual. They found one to trade the auto for.. but when the time came to get it.. the other dealer had sold it. I wasn't buying unless it was a manual. So they found one for me, but had to buy it from the dealer it was at (they had refused to trade). But my dealership did this for me.

I am very happy with my decision

__Midnight__ 05-26-2010 12:26 AM

I wanted a small car with alot of room for bike, dogs, etc and the D fit perfectly.

I also was intent a getting a yaris but when I test drove the XD it was a done deal. The D felt much more solid, was funner to drive, and I love the look. Never gave it a second thought.

Before I bought my D I had a IS300 but the gas mileage and insurance costs were killing me.. enter the D! I was looking at black or white and decided on super white.

Mitch

TannerTAKLarson 07-09-2010 12:50 AM

I was not sold on it when i saw it online, but when i saw it in person i was like, Sheeeiiittt this is legit. The color and design is one of a kind and its a RS 1.0 only 2000 made, unique is what i like and thats what this car gives.

TexXBox 07-19-2010 10:58 PM

My beloved 1st gen B was stolen and stripped for parts. After settling (fighting) the insurance company I headed out to look for a replacement. Couldn't bear to get into another 1st gen B after the loss, really not big on the new B and have a family so the tC was out. Didn't even think of the xD when I went to see what was out there. Spent the morning with the salesman I know driving Matrix's, Camry's, etc. and just not "clicking" with anything. He asked what I thought of the xD and when I said I didn't he tossed me the keys and said to just take it out and see what I thought. It was over right then, I just didn't know it yet. The fact that it was Super White with a five speed made it even more enticing for me. (I live in Texas, dark cars are hell in the summer.) By the end of the day I had taken it home, my wife had driven it, the kids had played in it, I had taken it to a club meet and just gave in and bought it. Quieter, smoother, more power and same mileage. It grows on me a little more every day. And not in that "fungal" sort of way.

In less than a week I had already changed the gauge and panel lighting and put in other accent lighting to start making it my own.

Now I just need to lower it. I thought my B was high stock. The D is like a truck. :)