Scion XD Forum

Scion XD Forum (http://www.scionxdforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Suspension (http://www.scionxdforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   What springs are you running? (http://www.scionxdforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=822)

robbiej 08-26-2010 01:47 PM

What springs are you running?

Thoughts? I am running TRD's and want to go lower. I've had Tein's on my xA and loved them, but read somewhere that they were soft on the xD. So, if you have springs that go lower than the TRD's, let me know what you think of them, thanks.

KILLA XD 08-26-2010 02:10 PM

I have DF210 Tanabe Springs , I love the ride and the drop. Sets comfortable.
http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/j...5focus/009.jpg

x2cafn8dx 08-28-2010 03:12 PM

ah.. i'm running Tein Basic Coilovers on mine.. I had S techs on my xB until i bought coilovers for it though.. it sat nice and low

YELOSUB 08-28-2010 09:55 PM

Rob, I went from the TRD's to the Tanabe DF210's and couldn't be happier...I love the way they ride! The ONLY complaint I have is that the rear sits lower than the front...But the ride is AWESOME...

TexXBox 08-28-2010 11:02 PM

Doug and Tim, are you guys running the stock shocks, TRD's, Tokiko's or ?
And does your rear sit low as well Doug?

KILLA XD 08-29-2010 01:34 AM

i'm running with my stock shocks.

xDizzle 08-29-2010 09:07 AM

im running stock suspension lol

YELOSUB 08-29-2010 09:13 AM

Im only running the springs, all other components are stock...

Cylon_xD 08-29-2010 06:40 PM

Progress springs here... similar drop as the the rears with DF's, but with same drop in the front, too - about 2.3" or so...

TexXBox 08-30-2010 12:09 AM

So the Tenabe's sit lower in the back than the front, but the Progress sits level?
Not a big fan of the bow high look. Why would a company do that? High performance stuff should rake down to the front, not the rear.

How do the Progress springs ride Troy and are you running the stock shocks too?

Cylon_xD 08-30-2010 08:49 PM

They might be considered just a little soft with the stock struts, but it's hard to tell, I sit low enough in the front that I bottom out pretty easily - probably only an inch or so of travel left on the stock struts, even with cutting the bumpers down by almost half on them... I've never ridden with any other springs, so I don't really have anything to compare the ride with.

TexXBox 08-30-2010 11:15 PM

Thanks guys.

It was so much easier when I had my first gen B. I could ask around at meets and find out who had what and usually get a chance to drive or at least get a ride to see how it worked/felt.

I ended up going with a set up from H&R that included matched dampers/shocks. Not quite 2 inches lower all around and rode so much better than stock people would be amazed.

Not so much opportunities with the xD. Even in a big city like Dallas.

katchkillah 08-31-2010 03:23 AM

got tein basics also, front still can go lower but i can't clear a few of my daily spots so it will have to stay at that height. ride is ok, i would like it a little more stiffer. lol. but for only height adjustments it's good enough for now.

x2cafn8dx 09-01-2010 10:27 AM

oh yea.. forgot to mention i have about an inch to lower up front and about the same in back. but roads here suck so i only dropped about 2"

I don't bottom out unless i attempt a rutted alley like behind grandma's house lol.

JDMJim 09-01-2010 08:34 PM

tanabe's sit lower in teh back cuz they are meant for the Yaris. that equals soft spring rates cuz the yaris is shorter and lighter. duslike saggy butts

robbiej 09-02-2010 12:05 AM

Yeah, the Teins are made for the Yaris also. The drop is the same on the 4 door sedan as the xD. I think the xA springs were the same as the Echo, but they were closer in weight, I think.

I liked my Teins, but I read where someone was selling theirs because they were too soft. I don't rally mine, but enjoy a spirited curvy ride once in a while and want something that is going to handle, not bounce around.

JDMJim 09-03-2010 10:55 AM

better to get a rear sway bar or whatever pople call that rear beam tie bar

robbiej 09-03-2010 02:11 PM

I have the rear sway bar on mine now, like it.

TexXBox 09-03-2010 11:41 PM

Any additional chassis stiffness is your friend IMO, especially with lowered vehicles.

I had Hotchkiss front and rear sway bars and a front strut tower brace on my lowered xB and it rode and handled much better than stock.

As soon as I can scrape up the funds I plan to do the full works on my xD. Springs, shocks, strut tower brace, sway bars and sub frame braces.

The stiffer the chassis the more the energy of motion is controlled by the suspension instead of arbitrarily absorbed by the rest of the car.

simmons0613 02-10-2011 01:13 PM

Do the xA's sway bars fit the xD's as well? Everywhere I look I only see the tc b's and a's but no xd...