Scion XD Forum

Scion XD Forum (http://www.scionxdforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.scionxdforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Window tint (http://www.scionxdforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67)

rhino74s 06-26-2009 12:55 PM

Window tint

So, I got busted today.
Cop pulls me over for windows being too dark.
He metered my drivers side window at 11% and gave me a ticket for $172! :shakehead:
He didn't make me remove it though but suggested I go legal tint.
Should I risk getting caught again and potentially getting a bigger fine or go legal which may as well not have any tint at all?
I made it a year with no probs. Never had any probs with tint on any previous car either.

ibeDAMD 06-26-2009 03:30 PM

That sucks Ryan, John told me about it... Zack got pulled over how many times from tint and they never did anything but give a ticket

rhino74s 06-26-2009 03:36 PM

Yeah, that's what I'm hearing. You just get another ticket for the same amount, which is about the same or even cheaper than getting a shop to remove and replace tint.
Guess I'll be an outlaw! :bleh:

Cylon_xD 06-26-2009 03:41 PM

I really don't know what the best thing to do would be, I just got my tint on only about two months ago... Here in PA anything darker than 70% is illegal... I went with 35% tint in my windows so it looks somewhat dark but is light enough not to have the cops bother me about it too readily... or at least that's the theory, anyway! When I was taking pics for the PA Scikotics calendar the other morning, at the one location - a boat ramp along the Susquehanna river - there was a township cop there and he came over to see what I was doing. He complimented me on my car but didn't say a word to me about the window tint... phew!

A guy in my scikotics chapter has 15% on his tC windows, and he got stopped twice by two different cops for it - but unbelievably, both times the cop got a more important call before they could write him up, so they left him go both times... lucky bum!

rhino74s 06-26-2009 03:45 PM

Yeah, 40% front and 25% back is legal in Louisiana but that's like not having tint at all here, lol.
I think he was just trying to meet quota for the month, I just got caught is all.

ibeDAMD 06-28-2009 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhino74s (Post 621)
Yeah, 40% front and 25% back is legal in Louisiana but that's like not having tint at all here, lol.
I think he was just trying to meet quota for the month, I just got caught is all.

i thought it was 50%

xDizzle 06-29-2009 08:55 AM

damn that sux i have 5% all the way around and i always get stopped for sumthing else..i got pulled over for HIDs being too blue and the wanted to give me a ticket for that and my tint but they were cool enough and just gave me 1 for my liscense plate cover.. well everytime now when i c a cop i just roll my windows down because the usually stop me if they cant see me so try that when u c a cop just put ur windows down