Scion XD Forum

Scion XD Forum (http://www.scionxdforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Write ups (http://www.scionxdforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Fujita Intake Review (http://www.scionxdforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=151)

CharlieChaos 08-12-2009 09:38 AM

Fujita Intake Review

Fujita sent me their F5 intake so I figured Id write alittle review.

My first time writing a review so give me a break if its horrible =)

Ill start with the box. It was very well package when I got it in an every intake comes with a free can of NOS which is kinda amusing. The filter you get with it is pretty beefy very well put together. The finish on the intake was flawless.

Directions are really straight forward remove bumper an drivers light to put it in. The cone sits just under the light. Install is really easy took me an hour because I couldnt find a 10mm wrench an had to run out an buy one.

So far from driving it around an you can call me crazy Ive noticed a tiny difference on the highway some reason it feels like it accelerated alittle smoother then it did before (that could just be in my head but writing what Ive seen)

I have the TRD exaughst an the combo isnt too loud. My Girl complained that she heard me coming from down the street but I didnt think it was that loud.

Im very happy with the product so far an happy to have fujita as a sponsor I will post some pics later on when I get home. Any questions on install let me know but honestly very easy.

CXTKRS1 08-12-2009 04:52 PM

This still blows my mind that you have to remove the front bumper to install a CAI.

CharlieChaos 08-12-2009 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CXTKRS1 (Post 1552)
This still blows my mind that you have to remove the front bumper to install a CAI.

An the headlight =)

I mean honestly you dont NEED to but it makes getting at some of the bolts easier an your not trying to jam the cone between wires

Cylon_xD 08-12-2009 07:28 PM

Taking off the front bumper is a piece of cake, just 8 bolts across the bottom and about as many plastic push pins n the engine compartment and wheel wells... I've had my front bumper off at least 5 or 6 times to install or adjust my billet grills, my airhorns, and my Cylon scanning eye (Knight Rider lights)...

Tim.TRDSparks 08-14-2009 01:09 PM

Injen is about to release their intake!

misformartin 08-14-2009 03:05 PM

injen already released their intake about 2 weeks ago... ive had my injen for about a year now : )

CharlieChaos 08-15-2009 10:21 AM

I had an Injen on my xA an was very happy with that one.

Im also very happy with the fujita so I guess it comes down to price for some people

TIKI 08-30-2009 05:44 PM

Got my new grille, but having a problem when water get to the CAI Fujita F5 intake. Was thinking of getting a dust cover and see if that would help.

TheLittleDeviant 08-31-2009 10:26 AM

wait Tiki your having actual issues or are you looking to prevent water logging the engine?

TIKI 08-31-2009 06:54 PM

Having issues. Once Sat when it was raining and Sun after a bath. I didn't happen with the factor grille.

TheLittleDeviant 09-01-2009 09:17 AM

What was the issue that occurred? Water logging?

TIKI 09-01-2009 10:12 AM

Water logging on start up. Did not happen with factor grille

TheLittleDeviant 09-01-2009 11:45 AM

hmmm.... makes me wonder how its able to suck up water with the car off... I think you have a different issue going on... or you are trying to start it up while its in the middle of a huge puddle... do you have any more info/details?

TIKI 09-01-2009 12:42 PM

No, and it is weird. It only did it after I replaced the grille, and raining or wash. Confused???????

YELOSUB 09-02-2009 09:50 AM

When I had my xB I had several problems with CAI when it would rain/down pour here in AZ...It also happened after I washed my car and I had to be careful where I was spraying the hose...MY car would sputter and act is if it was going to stall...After this happened a few times, I cut the cold air piping and made it into a short ram intake...Problem solved...I don't want to have a hydro-locked motor, which has happened to several cars on the SL forums over the years because of the CAI...This is also why I am only running a short ram intake on my xD because I hate worrying about these issues...

TheLittleDeviant 09-02-2009 10:25 AM

Interesting, I ran a CAI on my Civic and never once had an issue with it... I am only running the short ram on my xD cause I got it when there were no CAI's available (DIY Intake)

TIKI 09-02-2009 01:36 PM

Thanks.

xdblues 10-21-2009 05:22 PM

An easy way to remedy this problem is go to AEM and get a cold air bypass and put it mid pipe the way these work is your intake acts as a cold air when everything is dry but if it senses any water it will shut off the full cold air and act as a short ram intake until everything dries out cost is around 50-60 bucks

TheLittleDeviant 10-21-2009 05:57 PM

That sounds effective, do you have a link for it?

xDevint 10-22-2009 07:33 AM

The bypass would be worth the money and not locking up the motor.