Scion XD Forum

Scion XD Forum (http://www.scionxdforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.scionxdforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   So why did you buy a xD? (http://www.scionxdforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33)

Shaggy 05-31-2009 02:50 AM

So why did you buy a xD?

What was it about the xD that made you want to own one?

Luc1f3r 05-31-2009 08:36 AM

the RS color. lol, i had been looking for an rs1 xB due to the color, and then this came out. DONE DEAL!

ibeDAMD 05-31-2009 09:30 AM

The color FTW!!!! lol i loooved my xA, was never ever gonna trade it in......til i found out the color on the RS1 lol. I actually hated the look of the xD but it all changed =D

Shaggy 05-31-2009 12:52 PM

Wow, you bought it just for the color. Not to bad of a reason :boxed:

ibeDAMD 05-31-2009 02:56 PM

my favorite color is orange! when the rs1 xB came out i wanted one so bad but at the time i was living with the rent and they hate the way the xB looked so the refused to buy it plus it would be my first car and they werent gonna buy me a new car.. so they got me a POS saturn. i moved out traded it in and got the xA salsa red. then 2 yrs later got the xD.. but i love it, its faster than the xA, roomier and Orange lol

Resolve 05-31-2009 09:27 PM

I used to have a 1st gen xb before I got rid of it and I wanted another Scion and then I took my new wife to a car show that I helped start up a few years ago (Sibling Rivalry in Jacksonville hosted by Scikotics now) She saw the Scions and liked them and we got a new one. And since neither one of us are too fond of the 2nd gen xB and with 3 kids between us the tC is basically not gonna happen. We went with the xD which we both wanted anyway.

SciFion 06-01-2009 12:43 AM

So here goes. I dropped my girlfriend off at her doctors appt. Had to be back in 1 hour. Drove over to Shattuck Ave. in Berkeley, there I found Berkeley Toyota/Scion. I saw this awesome orange "Toyota" in the display window and went inside and asked about it. I asked "what model Toyota it was", and he said (you know what he said). It was the coolest car I'd seen in years, and I loved it.

This was last August and gas here in California was $4.50 + a gallon, and I couldn't afford to drive my '05 V6 Tacoma 4X4 very far. I told the salesman I'd be back in a while, picked up my girlfriend and told her I had a stop to make on the way home. She saw the car and loved it too, I traded in my beloved badass Tacoma on xD RS 1.0 #11 on the spot!

So why did I get my xD? The color caught my eye, and the RS1 bodywork and totally cool look of the car sold me. One test drive and I was hooked! Had not planned on buying a new car when I woke up that day, let alone a Scion, but I am now glad my girlfriend had to go to the doctor that day. :happy107:

DeathMachine 06-05-2009 01:50 PM

I had an 04 Saturn Ion Redline... it got 21 MPG on the hwy...

When I bought my xD I was working for Southeast Toyota so had driven it a few times... Gas was going up and 21 MPG didin't make sense to me, so I got rid of the Redline and got the xD.

I freakin love this car...

rhino74s 06-05-2009 07:33 PM

I had an '06 tC with several minor mods done. I liked the tC but it just wasn't unique enough for me. tC's got to be too common and I wanted to get away from having a coupe. I was considering getting a used first gen xB but saw a friends xD that was lowered, modded.
Once I saw what the xD could look like with just a few basic mods, I was hooked. :hands:

Shaggy 06-06-2009 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhino74s (Post 229)
I had an '06 tC with several minor mods done. I liked the tC but it just wasn't unique enough for me. tC's got to be too common and I wanted to get away from having a coupe. I was considering getting a used first gen xB but saw a friends xD that was lowered, modded.
Once I saw what the xD could look like with just a few basic mods, I was hooked. :hands:

They look damn good lowered don't they :naughty:

xDizzle 06-06-2009 11:13 AM

i bought myne because i loved the look and wanted to be different just wish i woulda got manual

Cylon_xD 06-08-2009 11:41 PM

I was driving a Dodge Ram 4x4 that was getting only 9 miles to the gallon, back when gas was $4 a gallon... ouch! Just wanted a little commuter car with good gas mileage to drive to work... but then I got a bad case of the modding bug, lol!

I was also looking for a car that was more unique and not found all over the road... Plus, the xD reminded me very much of my 1982 Renault LeCar I used to own years ago, another really fun little hatchback to drive! Zoom Zoom! :)

http://troyfrey.com/scion/lecar3.jpg

Shaggy 06-09-2009 01:06 AM

LOL, it looks just like it :p

xDizzle 06-09-2009 09:47 AM

lol i kno rite u can see the resemblence

Scionizer 06-09-2009 04:47 PM

I bought mine for the color too....I also previously had a Gen1 xB, didn't like the new xB at all or the tC, soooo...if it hadn't been for the RS xD I would probably still be driving my Box.

joshgt 06-12-2009 12:43 PM

I bought my xd because my winter beater died and I needed a new commuter car because I don't like to drive my mustang in bad weather. I was actually looking for a cheap beater car again because I wanted to supercharge my mustang. I was all set to buy an old cheap neon from a family member but when I had to pick up my dad from the local scion dealer one day (he was getting warranty work on his 08 xb) and I saw the xd's for the first time. At first I wasn't really impressed because it was dark out and raining so I did not take a good look at them. Ironically that same night my dad found some pictures of my old 05 xb that I had. After looking at the pics I started to get hooked on scions again. Two days later I ended up test driving the xd and I knew I had to have it. Now I have two cars to mod and no supercharger for my mustang but I do not regret buying the xd at all.

scion4us 06-15-2009 07:31 PM

SCION got me wasted in Vegas and before I could sober up I ordered the R.S. 1...:laughing1:

SciFion 06-25-2009 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scion4us (Post 398)
SCION got me wasted in Vegas and before I could sober up I ordered the R.S. 1...:laughing1:

:laughing1: :drunk: :happy175:

scion4us 06-30-2009 10:30 PM

First saw the xD and 2nd Gen xB in Miami when Scion threw the bash for the lucky 300 of us and really liked it!
Then came the next crazy Scion Party!:happy160:
Scion United was the BOMB and I always wanted an R.S.1 xB. Could never find one so when I saw the R.S.1 xD I had to have it! Ordered it the day after we got back from Vegas!:)

TheLittleDeviant 07-02-2009 12:48 PM

The little deviant commercial... I saw it on SciFi one night, the next day I looked up the littledeviants.net website, the day after I ordered it, 3 months later I owned the first one in New England... Car number 295 on the production line... I had my xD in July 2007!