Scion XD Forum

Scion XD Forum (http://www.scionxdforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Events (http://www.scionxdforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Scion East Coast Show of Champions (http://www.scionxdforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=145)

Cylon_xD 08-10-2009 01:17 PM

Scion East Coast Show of Champions

FYI, SnuGG and I both attended the 2nd Annual Scion East Coast Show of Champions at the Capital Raceway just outside Washington D.C. on Sunday, and walked away with a sweep of the xD Division, I took 1st place :winner_first_h4h: and SnuGG took 2nd place :winner_second_h4h: ...Yay! Uh, unfortunately, we were the only two xD's to compete this year, lol! There were a few other xDs at the show but they either didn't compete or they were just dealer cars there for display...

no cash prizes and no trophies, just a small olympic-style medallion on a red/white/blue ribbon lanyard, similar to the one I won there last year.

Wow, it was a sweltering day out there - 106 degrees on the track from what I heard. Even sitting under a canopy all day didn't help much, we were like a bunch of baked Cheetos by the end of the day...! :(

ibeDAMD 08-10-2009 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cylon_xD (Post 1488)
FYI, SnuGG and I both attended the 2nd Annual Scion East Coast Show of Champions at the Capital Raceway just outside Washington D.C. on Sunday, and walked away with a sweep of the xD Division, I took 1st place :winner_first_h4h: and SnuGG took 2nd place :winner_second_h4h: ...Yay! Uh, unfortunately, we were the only two xD's to compete this year, lol! There were a few other xDs at the show but they either didn't compete or they were just dealer cars there for display...

no cash prizes and no trophies, just a small olympic-style medallion on a red/white/blue ribbon lanyard, similar to the one I won there last year.

Wow, it was a sweltering day out there - 106 degrees on the track from what I heard. Even sitting under a canopy all day didn't help much, we were like a bunch of baked Cheetos by the end of the day...! :(

Congrats you two!!!

SnuGG 08-11-2009 11:09 PM

I took 1st on fastest xD as well.

The only one to express interest... didn't even have to run 1/4 mile. lol.

Luc1f3r 08-11-2009 11:32 PM

Snugg, you went from Dallas to DC for a show. WOW, props to you! lol. ive met the car, cant wait to meet the man!

Cylon_xD 08-12-2009 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnuGG (Post 1530)
I took 1st on fastest xD as well.

The only one to express interest... didn't even have to run 1/4 mile. lol.

Yeah, well that one doesn't count, buddy - lol! - Since no one ran the 1/4 mile in the xD class, they just handed him the medal cuz he asked for it - geez, he could of at least asked for the 2nd place medal to give to me!!

Haha, if we'd a been thinking a little, we should have gone over to the track to run against each other... Would have been fun! ah well... Next year, Chris - you can come all the way from Korea to the show, heheh!