Scion XD Forum

Scion XD Forum (http://www.scionxdforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Glimmer Glass Detailing (http://www.scionxdforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Welcome our newest Preferred Vendor! (http://www.scionxdforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=408)

Shaggy 12-18-2009 12:28 AM

Welcome our newest Preferred Vendor!

www.glimmerglassdetailing.com

Welcome our newest preferred vendor Rob (Rob @ GGD). If you have any questions, post it here or PM him.

Thanks Rob!!

Rob @ GGD 12-18-2009 07:29 AM

Thanks Shaggy!

I was considering posting up a special code providing you guys with a 10% discount but am leaning towards experimenting with free gifts instead. Things that are useful in detailing your vehicles like microfiber towels, polishing/buffing pads/interior cleaners/etc. I am here for you guys and look forward to providing insight, quality products, exemplary customer service, and if needed detailing services.

I have been involved in the restoration/detailing business for over 25 yrs and I am committed to serving our forum members.

xDevint 12-18-2009 07:48 AM

I may get some stuff after first of the year.

Rob @ GGD 12-18-2009 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xDevint (Post 3702)
I may get some stuff after first of the year.

Great! Looking forward to hearing from you.

TheLittleDeviant 12-18-2009 10:21 AM

Welcome Rob!! glad to have a detailing vendor on board, you should post up what supplies you cary so we can pick some stuff out.

Rob @ GGD 12-18-2009 10:41 AM

Some of the brands we carry

Also adding some great product lines such as Menzerna Professional Polishes as well as building new kits.

misformartin 12-18-2009 01:48 PM

awsome.... welcome to the boards : )

SciFion 12-18-2009 11:32 PM

Welcome Rob! :hands:

xd_kidd 12-23-2009 10:40 PM

welcome!!!. lookin foward to getting some products after the snow goes away. btw maybe you can help out. Despite cleaning cleaning several times by hand. I would still have mini specs of dirt from on the sideskirt and abit on the low end fender. I want to like peel it off but scared it would chip off the paint. and reccomendations? lol

Rob @ GGD 12-26-2009 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xd_kidd (Post 3771)
welcome!!!. lookin foward to getting some products after the snow goes away. btw maybe you can help out. Despite cleaning cleaning several times by hand. I would still have mini specs of dirt from on the sideskirt and abit on the low end fender. I want to like peel it off but scared it would chip off the paint. and reccomendations? lol

Definitely a common issue and the only effective option is using a clay bar with a special lubricant to extract the environmental contaminants from the clear coat.

I would suggest a light gray clay (very mild so won't mar the clear coat) and a bottle of CG's LUBER. I assure you that you will fall down after you perform this procedure. It will blow your mind at the difference. I can also customize something for you if you provide some additional details about the overall car condition, storage situation (e.g. garage or outside), etc.

gregsteeg 12-27-2009 01:24 AM

A 10% discount would make me give it a try!!!

Rob @ GGD 12-27-2009 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gregsteeg (Post 3803)
A 10% discount would make me give it a try!!!

Already set up 10% discount for forum members.