View Single Post
Old 08-04-2009, 02:23 PM   #6
CL65Pilot

Name: Brad
Originally Posted by Luc1f3r View Post
cutoff? its a reflector housing, there is no cutoff in a reflector housing, you just run out of light output...
Well, there is an optically generated cutoff based on the position of the bulb in reference to the focal point. This is a trait indicative of the H4 bulb and our dual beam reflector lamps. My question stemmed from wanting to know whether or not the HID bulb, whose light arc is perpendicular to the halogen's, produced a similar beam pattern to minimize excessive light scatter.

There is a 'cutoff', but I use that term loosely as it is optically generated but easily identified.

---------- Post added at 03:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:16 PM ----------

Originally Posted by Resolve View Post
X2 on what Luci said. I have already had a ticket for mine. Cop pulled me over originally due to being to bright but then chenged his story to the color (I have 8000k). So was 100 ticket. I have tinted my headlights for now but still stupid bright. I adjust my ride hight at night so back is up higher than front and it is not so bad for on comers or people I am behind. I know this because I tested it with me riding in front of my wife.
8000K is pushing the limits of allowable color temperature, my Saab (although halogen-projector) had 4300K in it for 3 years with no problems.
CL65Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote