View Single Post
Old 10-19-2009, 09:11 AM   #17
Resolve
OG Member
Full Access Member

Name: Resolve
Last time I checked you could have the headlight and taillights tinted but you had to be visable from like 500 feet out front and 1000 feet in rear or vice versa.

And that they did away with the fix it stuff that you have to pay no matter what and still fix it. lol. but the cop that told me that was an ass.

But cool you only got one ticket for the $114 and not a grand worth of tickets.

---------- Post added at 10:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 AM ----------

OK found it, about covering headlights adn tail lights.

Headlights: 316.220 Headlamps on motor vehicles.

(1) Every motor vehicle shall be equipped with at least two headlamps with at least one on each side of the front of the motor vehicle, which headlamps shall comply with the requirements and limitations set forth in this chapter, and shall show a white light. An object, material, or covering that alters the headlamp's light color may not be placed, displayed, installed, affixed, or applied over a headlamp.

Tailights: 316.221 Taillamps.

1) Every motor vehicle, trailer, semitrailer, and pole trailer, and any other vehicle which is being drawn at the end of a combination of vehicles, shall be equipped with at least two taillamps mounted on the rear, which, when lighted as required in s. 316.217, shall emit a red light plainly visible from a distance of 1,000 feet to the rear, except that passenger cars and pickup trucks manufactured or assembled prior to January 1, 1972, which were originally equipped with only one taillamp shall have at least one taillamp. On a combination of vehicles, only the taillamps on the rearmost vehicle need actually be seen from the distance specified. On vehicles equipped with more than one taillamp, the lamps shall be mounted on the same level and as widely spaced laterally as practicable. An object, material, or covering that alters the taillamp's visibility from 1,000 feet may not be placed, displayed, installed, affixed, or applied over a taillamp.

So headlights can't have anything. and taillamps as long as it is visible from 1000 feet you are ok.

The headlight one has changed since I last viewed it a few years ago. but oh well.