View Single Post
Old 11-03-2009, 09:54 PM   #85
trdxd
Full Access Member

Name: trdxd
Just got the car back for now. Battery Ties have been measured, so the final products are going to be made; final fitment should be Thursday. They have my engine cover and I'm VERY. VERY. excited to say that Steve is planning on making an actual BOLT on engine cover; not the pop on crap we have. (THANK YOU.) This is something that's been bothering me from the get go.

More interesting news, as Steve was talking to me, we looked at the intake, and he said he's definitely interested in making a power chamber. However, he's looking into a Cold Air idea; included in this idea will be a Ram Air Duct coming from the "fog light" area. (xDkidd, good call ) What he was talking about was utilizing the rubber piping we have, allowing it to bend down, and making a power chamber that comes off of it, and sits under the headlight; not directly in front of the fog light cut out area, but above it. Hope that's enough of a description to give you a good idea of how it'll work?

The little air plug for the intake has been produced ; there are about 250 made right now; waiting to be colored in variations that PWJDM is popular for (reds, blues, etc.) on their aluminum pieces.

what...else.... I totally lost my train of thought. But anyway; I'll be dropping off the car again on Thursday, we'll have the final battery tie down by Friday I believe, I'll try to get pictures of the plug as quickly as I can; but if I can I'll get it in with the battery tie down, so as not to tease you all . I'm excited; this really seems to be taking shape quickly.

hope you're all at least reading this, if not commenting to show some support!

OH! TOW HOOKS!!

Rear tow hooks are also going to be looked into on Thursday/Friday I believe. I think there was a mounting plate that was in the works for it, and that was for the tC. He wanted to see it made for the xD as well; so rear tow hooks are in our future as well
trdxd is offline   Reply With Quote