View Single Post
Old 03-12-2010, 01:30 PM   #8

xDTool
Full Access Member

Name: Bob
Send a message via AIM to xDTool Send a message via Yahoo to xDTool
Originally Posted by Vicbuilder View Post
Quick update:
Got the cable in but there are problems. The I-Pod cable isn't what they describe. Its actually an adpator for either the rear camera, or the i-pod. I thought it would be a direct plug-in to an i-pod, but it has RCA inputs.
So I see that and decide to go down to the Apple store to get an I-pod to RCA cord. There's another $50 on top of the $30 Scion cord. But that'll be ok if it works...right?
Nope, got the whole thing hooked up and no dice. So I called the dealer, they've never actually done this before. So he's going to call Scion aftermarket support. I guess we'll see how that goes.
I did a google search and it seems like no-one has done this on a 2010 xD. Has anyone? The wiring is super simple, just a ground wire to tell the radio that the e-brake is on. But nontheless the radio still says "no display while vehicle in motion" *sigh*
Anyone?
I'd make sure that the E-brake ground for the radio doesnt work the way mine is supposed to, which is you need to engage, disengage, and reengage the parking brake for the radio to recognize it (I'm guessing you are trying this stopped with the e-brake engaged?). Also for the RCA cable that you got in, it was a yellow/red/white composite set right? which would make it not for the rear camera? or are you telling us that it is labeled as both? I'm also guessing that the cable is rca composite + ground on one end and a harness plug on the other end? if not check double check all of your inputs into the head unit to make sure things are going into the right place... If so, then maybe test your contacts to make sure the cable is good.

Pictures could also help us try to help you if someone notices something wrong that you might not have caught.
xDTool is offline   Reply With Quote