View Single Post
Old 04-18-2010, 01:30 PM   #6
Dave90T

Name: Dave
I've just spent the last 3 months of my life trying to get the 2010 Alpine unit into my xB with 100% compatibility, and I have finally succeeded. I don't know how much my research will help you as an xD owner, but it shouldn't be very different.

My entire post of how I got it all to work is being put together here.

There is a Toyota harness available for $127 list, and there is an alternate harness that I've made available for around $75. They are made to order and do not include the extra audio ground pin that the Toyota harness appears to contain. I had to move the audio ground pin in my 2008 xB to the position that it is in the 2010 xB and it worked beautifully.

I have come to respect this 2010 Alpine unit a lot in my car. It has AM, FM, HD, CD, iPod, USB (flash or hard drive), AUX input, and Sirius Satellite. It also has support for a rear view camera/video input, and I believe it is compatible with the BLU Logic hands-free Bluetooth.

Don't give up on the Alpine unit. Nothing beats a quality product that retains all of the factory plugs, connectors, and conveniences.
Dave90T is offline   Reply With Quote