Thread: Hypermiling
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2010, 05:00 PM   #29
mcbrew
Full Access Member

Name: Jesse
Guys, they don't "phase in" ethanol. it's a federal mandate as of last year, that ALL fuel and grades must contain at least 10% ethanol.
According to the information I have, only ten states have E10 mandates (Florida being the only one on the east coast). Ethanol blends are used elsewhere, and E10 makes up approximately 2/3 of the US gasoline supply. My info could be outdated, but I couldn't find anything more recent.

The Energy Independence and Security Act of 2007 requires that 4.7 billion gallons of ethanol be used in our gasoline supply. That number goes up to 36 billion in 2022 (21 billion of which cannot be derived from corn).

Current car: 2011 Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium w/ Lineartronic CVT transmission. Steel Silver.

SOLD: 2009 Scion xD - BRM, 16" alloys, VSC, K&N drop-in air filter, Thule Aero roof bars, TRD sway bar, TRD short shift, TYC LED tails, Curt class-1 tow hitch, Italian leather shift & brake boots, Red Line MT-90 in the trans, Amsoil 0w20 in the engine, ATE SuperBlue Racing brake fluid.

Last edited by mcbrew; 02-11-2010 at 05:51 PM.
mcbrew is offline   Reply With Quote