View Single Post
Old 02-03-2010, 12:33 AM   #9

JDMJim
OG Member
Full Access Member

Name: jim
author likes big words.

here's my take...I disagree with the handling of the xD. the car has terrible turn-in. the steering can't keep up with the inputs. My xB1 is real quick in comparison.

The xA didn't sell bad cuz it was too small. think about it. the Echo had been around for years before. it sold pretty good. it was redisgned into the Yaris sedan and still sells well with even the same 1.5l engine!! the Yaris 3 door is everywhere!! the xA didn't sell cuz of it's design. it didn't jive with the american buyers.

The xB2 isn;t a big Camry. it's a Corolla wagon hence it's japanese name Corolla Rumion. Camry has an IRS and Corolla's and xB2's do not. tC's are based off the Camry( tC= touring Camry).

Scion's fell thru from lack of support from it's enthusiasts. Scion got us cars that enthusiasts didn't like. they gave us cars that those poeple that hated the originals and cried about it wanted. We all know the xD is the direct descendant of the xA in Japan. Old Ist to new Ist.

I love how the media writes stuff without really knowing the full story and uses big words to compensate for it.
JDMJim is offline   Reply With Quote