View Single Post
Old 10-13-2011, 07:10 PM   #11
cvriv

Name: CVRIV
Thanks for the info! I will have to do some more research. The only thing that is seriously bothering me right now if the high rpm at 75mph. I do a lot of highway driving at 75mph. What is the redline for the XD? This has me really nervous becaus eI am coming from a 2.5L 4Cyl Tacoma 4x4. That truck would be around 3000 - 3100rpm when doing around 75pmh. The truck redlines at 6000rpm I think. Driving liek that in my truck was harsh. The truck at a lot of gas because of it and in general.

Im driving a loaner car while Toyota processes my buy back check for the Tacoma. The loaner car being a Corrola S. Its a very nice car but holy hell! A 75mph the car is doing 4000rpm!! Thats nuts. I truly think the dealer has the lock locked one gear down to prevent people from speeding in the car. That and the car slowing down a lot faster than it should when letting go of the gas are the signs that the dealer governed the car. I atleast hope they did because that car is annoying to drive. I really hope the XD doesnt drive like this.

When you guys are driving on the highway at around 75 do you feel the like the egine is working really hard to keep the car moving at that speed? What is the redline for the XD's? My mothers focus is awesome on the highway. That car buzzes along easily and gets great mpg. But I hate fords

About the fog lights,... I love fog lights A vehicle isn't a vehicle without fog lights. When looking back through the rear view at a vehicle with fogs lights,... its just awesome.

Im not looking to upgrade my car with aftermarket stuff. I just want a nice car that great on gas and is a hatch back so I can drive my dogs around with me.

I will research everything to guys mentioned. I have to meet the toyota guy next thursday to get my check and sign the truck over to them. With that money im going to purchase something.

---------- Post added at 08:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 PM ----------

Damn wheels are cheaper if you buy aftermarket! Can I get some wheel info from you guys? I checked prices at tirerack.com, is there a better place to shop for wheels and tires? Are the front and rear tires of the same width? What about offset? What should I look for?
cvriv is offline   Reply With Quote