Thread: Xd Quality
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2010, 10:55 PM   #8
mcbrew
Full Access Member

Name: Jesse
My average is just over 36 MPG, and that is calculated, not going by the display, which tends to be 2-3 MPG high. My mileage would be better, but I tow a lot. I just drove 200 miles to pick up a Coke machine that weighs over 800 pounds (plus the 450 pound trailer). I got over 30 MPG towing that load on the interstate. My best tank was about 42 MPG.

Otherwise, the car is obviously a lower priced car, but not terrible. I am used to German cars, so it is not quite up to the feel and the fit and finish... But it is what I expected for the money. The engine should be less trouble than a VW or Mercedes.

I wanted a 4 door hatchback with a manual trans and stability control, the ability to tow at least 1,500 pounds, at least 35 MPG, and the ability to pay it off in 3 years with a sub-$400 payment. I got all of this in the xD.

Current car: 2011 Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium w/ Lineartronic CVT transmission. Steel Silver.

SOLD: 2009 Scion xD - BRM, 16" alloys, VSC, K&N drop-in air filter, Thule Aero roof bars, TRD sway bar, TRD short shift, TYC LED tails, Curt class-1 tow hitch, Italian leather shift & brake boots, Red Line MT-90 in the trans, Amsoil 0w20 in the engine, ATE SuperBlue Racing brake fluid.
mcbrew is offline   Reply With Quote