View Single Post
Old 02-25-2010, 12:18 PM   #20

TheLittleDeviant
That Admin Guy
Full Access Member

Name: Ted
Originally Posted by misformartin View Post
i doubt its ploy as the aftermarket company... as far as i am informed the new toyotas use a 64 bit ecu.... which is constantly relearning the way you drive.... perfect example is the 2nd gen xb.. those running turbo's are having problem with the ecu not working all the time.... as the ecu adapts to wha the fic are doing... so it requires them to reset the ecu from time to time... as far as comparing your american v8 to a 4 cylinder econo car is like apples to oranges... even stock they have to detune that v8 to adhere to local and federal emission laws.... so hence changing the intake and header will yeild more power... were as these econo cars are already running at pretty much its max efficiency to keep gas and drivability. as far as 93 octange goes the xd doesnt do very well with anything besides 91... there were pics of a motor that has been running 91 since they purchased and and there was alot of residue as the motor was not burning it all....
That was my xD, and I agree that with a good tune it would burn more efficiently and offer more power... I would like to note as well though that running on 87 octane as appose to 91-93 octane is noticeably different, with the higher octane fuel, the xD is much, much peppier...

Try 91 octane for a couple weeks and then switch back to 87...

Last edited by TheLittleDeviant; 02-25-2010 at 12:26 PM.
TheLittleDeviant is offline   Reply With Quote