View Single Post
Old 08-08-2010, 03:27 PM   #5

Flipper
Full Access Member

Name: Bill
When I bought my xD it had already failed. & It drove me nuts too. I took my car into Toyota 5X and they replaced the housing 2x, @ 2 different dealerships! B4 I gave up on them fixing it. Back in march I decided on this soulution.After previously trying a hotglue gun.

It's less than elegant . . . but the seatbelt has stayed in place since the screw went in. if I was to do it over, the screw would be another 1/4> 1/2" to the (R) in the photo, for a less slipping-out look.

2ndly does anyone else's lower seatbelts get cought up in the raising & lowering of the back seats? The vinyl that surronds the webbing on the rear > left & center seat belts has gotten chewed up to the point of now being missing, from using my car as a hatchback. 3rd everytime I do have people riding in the back seats I have to explain the center vs left rear seatbelts "crisscross" pattern.
Overall if Toyota had just made them 4 seaters they would have avoided 99% of my cars "issues"

Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae So palese dnot copmilan aoubt my tpynig you konw you can raed it

Last edited by Flipper; 08-08-2010 at 03:29 PM.
Flipper is offline   Reply With Quote