View Single Post
Old 02-02-2011, 10:58 AM   #4
mcbrew
Full Access Member

Name: Jesse
Originally Posted by sxduser View Post
I need some step-by-step help replacing the driver side wiper (#26). I bought a new one from Costco. I had changed wipers for different cars but this one I couldn't find how to remove the existing (OE) one. Can some one show (pictures will be more helpful) me how to remove the old wiper and replace with a new one.

thanks folks for your help.
I always just get refills from Toyota. When I ordered what I thought were refills from TRD Sparks, I got the whole wiper blades, front and rear. Anyway, in most cases, the OEM blades will work better, since they are designed to work with the curve of the windshield. Not to mention it is cheaper to replace the inserts than the whole blade.

Don't throw away your OEM wipers -- you might decide to put them back on with new inserts in the future.

Current car: 2011 Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium w/ Lineartronic CVT transmission. Steel Silver.

SOLD: 2009 Scion xD - BRM, 16" alloys, VSC, K&N drop-in air filter, Thule Aero roof bars, TRD sway bar, TRD short shift, TYC LED tails, Curt class-1 tow hitch, Italian leather shift & brake boots, Red Line MT-90 in the trans, Amsoil 0w20 in the engine, ATE SuperBlue Racing brake fluid.
mcbrew is offline   Reply With Quote