View Single Post
Old 10-12-2009, 10:28 AM   #23

YELOSUB
OG Member
Full Access Member

Name: Tim
Originally Posted by Cylon_xD View Post
Looking good, Tim, just be warned you will MOST LIKELY have some rubbing issues when you switch to the DF210's... I'm only running 18x7.5 rims with a 45 offset and 225/40/18 tires. I'm dropped on Progress springs, which are a 1/2" lower in the front than the DF210's - about a 2.2" drop front and back - and my tires rub the inside of the wheel well lips (the plastic well liners, actually) over every little bump or dip in the front, right on the sloped side of the tread. Even the rear tires rub the lip every so often, especially when my kids are riding in the back seat.

Your wheels are 8" wide, 35 offset, with 10mm spacers - that will set the edge of your tires WAY further out than mine. That's 6 mm further for the 1/2" wider wheels, + 10 mm going from 45 to 35 offset, + a 10 mm spacer, so another 26 mm, or a full inch further out... If you don't have any rubbing issues with that setup, then all I can say is I guess I'll be buying DF210's myself and my progress springs will be going in the trash...
Installed the DF's on Saturday, and Oh yes I rubbed...Read over on SL about it...Now i'm spacerless, FOR NOW...