View Single Post
Old 12-30-2009, 03:28 PM   #3

bobolinko
Full Access Member

Name: Bob
Smile Super Short Throw!
I had a NST in-Cabin Short throw kit and a engine compartment kit installed in my "D". The Engine side was a 20% one so I thought I'd try the 30% jobbie that Stephen sells (AXXION). What a Difference!!! now my shift patern is like 1 inch from neutral to any gear. it's now faster to shift the gear than do the clutch. I poke it on the roads and it sounds like a high perf automatic tranny. COOL MAN! it engages so damm quick. I never thought that would have made such a BIG DIFFERENCE. Stephen is a genius! the shift is so fast, that the engine has not even moved from the torqued position before the next gear is engaged. fels like I'm on the quarter mile strip ALL DAY LONG..... AHHHHH what BLISS.....

P.S. Don't get me wrong, now.. the shift is not as easy as a longer throw would be due to the loss of a mechanical advantage, but the shortness of the throw is what I want. It's not like you're shifting an 18 wheeler's box, so just remember, there is a little more drag on the shifter, but MUCH MUCH quicker.
bobolinko is offline   Reply With Quote