View Single Post
Old 02-25-2010, 12:51 AM   #17
CXTKRS1
Super Moderator
Super Mod

Name: Chris
Originally Posted by misformartin View Post
well i doubt anyone is going to come out with tuning software... this is just basicallly adjusting the signal sent from the drive by wire sensor... so it improves throttle response... problem is with you cant just reflash the ecu as it is constantly relearning damn those toyota engineers.. haha so the only way would be to go with a piggyback or full standalone.. even then tuning a naturally aspirated car you wont see huge numbers... i agree that this car is pretty nimbe in comparisions to other in its class... with the addition to some suspension pieces can make this car very fun to drive... i would say that this is a great supporting mod to others you may already have such as intake and exhaust... its just one of those things that make the car more fun to drive... : )
I have to call BS on tuning and say it is a ploy by after market companies to make money. Adaptive ECU's have been around since the 80's and yet for some reason only domestic and euro cars seem to have the option to use a laptop as a tuner. This is the main reason why I will NEVER buy an Asian import as a performance car. I see no reason why I need to drop a grand on a stand alone ECU when the stock unit is perfectly capable of handling basic tuning. As for power increases, I gained around 9 RWHP on a stock LT1 Z28, add in intake and exhaust that number increased to 27 RWHP. I was also able to adjust my speedo for tires, lower my coolant fan activation temps, and monitor my engine's performance at all times. Since the xD is tuned to 87 octane I have no doubt their would be a power increase if a 93 octane tune was installed.
CXTKRS1 is offline   Reply With Quote