View Single Post
Old 03-28-2011, 07:51 AM   #1

Pittshark
Full Access Member

Name: Mark
Default New wheels/tire, Tire pressure light
Hey guys, hoping someone has a suggestion to help with this one, I really don't want to have to worry about going to the dealership for something like this. Being that a lot of you have put new wheels and tires on your rides, I thought maybe this has happened to someone else.

So I got the new wheels and tires on Friday, went from the stock tire size to 225/45/17. Friday and Saturday, no light on the dash. Sunday I went over to my parents house, and just as I was pulling in their driveway, the tire pressure light starts flashing. I immediately checked the pressure in each tires...no apparent problem there, all four hitting exactly at 34. I have had the light come on before, when I had a slow leak in one of the stocks, but it was solid and always went off once more air was added. I checked the manual and it says if the light blinks for one minute and then stays solid (which is exactly what it's doing) then it's a malfunction and you should see the dealer. I tried to do the reset thing that read about on another thread, but no luck there.

If anyone has had this happen or have any suggestions I'd greatly appreciate hearing it. The dealer is not very close to me and with my work schedule and going to grad school on Saturdays, it's really hard to get out there. Not to mention it seems really dumb to have to go to the dealer for something like this. Thanks in advance.
Pittshark is offline   Reply With Quote