View Single Post
Old 12-16-2011, 03:17 PM   #20
Resolve
OG Member
Full Access Member

Name: Resolve
I was making a general statement on the bump stops. Some people don't cut them for whatever reason and the ride is harsh. removing them completely is your choice. I will say I didn't have them on my xB when I had the teins. it let me sit about 1/4 to 1/2 inch lower in the front and I didn't notice a difference but that was also an xB not an xD.

My inner liners are gone also.

The stock front sway bar end links mount to the struts. Well most coilovers I believe come with modified endlinks so you can get lower. Think the same thing with the tCs. Well I don't know what exactly was happening other than I BELIEVE that when I had the car lower than normal and I would hit a decent bump with the STOCK end links in it would make a sound like the strut was bottoming out. But I think when the car would compress the suspenion it would try to go farther than the end link and sway bar would let it go thus not really bottoming out the strut but something else was hitting. I have since removed the end links from the struts and sway bar and now that sound has disappeared other than when the air in my front bags are really low and I hit a bump. I don't recommend removing the end links and sway bar since it helps with stability. But I personally haven't noticed a big difference in the ride. Maybe a little more body roll but I can still take corner like I could with it stock. at different Speeds .

Only problem now is my sway bar is just sitting there and on some bumps it rotates up and down and hit my lower control arm. Not hard but just clanks so more annoying than anything. I tried to remove it but the mounts are in between the body of the car and the whole lower suspension cross member and behind the front axels. Looking at the Toyota Tech book it shows you have to basically remove whole cross member which includes unhooking steering and other things to get it out. basically more than a one person job and would probably need a whole weekend at least a whole day non stop which I can't be without the car that long right now until wife gets her a new vehicle.