View Single Post
Old 06-24-2010, 09:26 PM   #1
trueblue

Name: trueblue
Question A/C water leaking into car
Hello!
I was googling to find out if this was an existing problem with an xD. I found this thread from last June. Quoted from there is exactly what I encountered today.

I found water leaking into the interior under the dashboard. Im assuming it is from the Air Conditioner, and maybe a clogged AC not letting water exit the car.
I turned left and the A/C sounded like a swimming pool. Lots of water noise though I saw nothing dripping. When I checked the front passenger floor it was saturated.

Anyway, long story longer...
The car is still under warranty so took it to the dealership. (I have a 2009 I bought 6 months ago, used, low mileage from them.) The service department tells me there were leaves clogging the drain causing the run off to come inside. Then I was told that the xD doesn't come with the screen for preventing stuff from falling into the A/C system and clogging it but I could buy one for $192. I asked the service guy to show me where and how to clear it but he refused. If it's at all accessible I'm, certainly, capable of doing so. I told him I didn't have $192 today and he said (paraphrasing), "Well, you'll be back in less than a year because it will only happen again").

So... now I have a car with wet carpet that I'm trying to get dry and a soaking floor mat. Seems to me there's something wrong with this picture. I apologize for the mini rant.

I suppose my question is: Would someone please point me in the direction of finding info to prevent and remedy this problem?
(I also am surprised a car would have an A/C with no filter to keep falling leaves and the like out. I do feel as if the dealership did not disclose a few that would have been nice to know in addition to this.)

Please don't get me wrong. I really like this car but I am concerned there are hidden problems I will have to deal with down the road (pardon the pun). Help!

Thank you for any input or advice,
trueblue

(And I will call Scion and see what they can tell me but suspect you are the people who will be most helpful.)
trueblue is offline   Reply With Quote