Thread: Turbo the xD
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2010, 09:36 PM   #9
Resolve
OG Member
Full Access Member

Name: Resolve
8 psi being low boost is only relative. 8 psi on a Supra or say a WRX Sti is low yes. But on these engines given the size it may not be. Yes more would be better, but these engines at least stock would not handle more. If you could get it tuned properly 7 to 8 psi I would think would give good power and decent longevity. But that is if you are not trying to go out and drag it every night. However, to have a little extra when need for necessity or fun I think it could be done. And I would say with that high 100s low 200s should be obtainable and with the power to weight ratio that would be pretty good for these cars.

But if you are looking for EXTREME increases you do have the wrong car or wrong engine. At least until someone decides to do some major tuning and R&D to prove what these engines may be able to handle but at that point you could go by a new Camero or Challenger and have like 400+ on tap with minimal work.

engine swap could possibly be done for same amount as a good turbo set up and give you better starting base. but would still involve time and research and some money. Give props if you do either and post info on either if done right and works because I am looking at maybe either if I get another xD which may happen. but only for the OMG WTF factor and to say because I can not really because I require it as a necessity like some folks with xD or other small cars do.

just my $.02