View Single Post
Old 03-28-2011, 11:07 AM   #3
Resolve
OG Member
Full Access Member

Name: Resolve
Originally Posted by 1sweetxd View Post
i've had my XD bout 3 weeks now. about a week ago i noticed water dripping onto the passenger floorboard from the AC unit. not bad at first. now i have started to hear water moving within the dash on sharp turns. anybody know what could cause this?

the leak is pretty bad. after a 3 hour drive, i literally had standing water on the passenger floorboard. believe some sort of drain plug is clogged. i got some water to drain when i unplugged the fan and removed a screw from the shroud for the fan. that allowed a place for water to drain. got it drained, but water is still leaking when im driving.

anyone know of a cause and possible solution? or is the dealership my only option?
Had same problem. Junk from outside elements gets clogged in the line that releases the condensation from the A/C and since it can't flow outside the car it builds up and starts flowing inside car.

Go to Dealer and tell them your A/C is draining into your floorboard and you need the lines cleared so the condensation flows out of the car. The should be able to clear it quickly. As far as I know there is no screen or anything available so the problem will continue to occur if stuff gets stuck in there.