Thread: Hypermiling
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2010, 09:27 PM   #85
mcbrew
Full Access Member

Name: Jesse
Originally Posted by wooly willy View Post
shiiiit. What do you run on all that biodiesel?

(Should've bought the 1.4L diesel Urban Cruiser, methinks?)
I used to drive a VW Golf TDI. So did my brother. My parents both drive Jetta TDIs. My cousin drives a Jetta TDI and a Mercedes 300SD. We also have two diesel tractors, two diesel vans (a Chevy and a Mercedes), and a motorhome. Oh, and one of my best friends drives a Jetta TDI, too. I used to drive the sprinter van 750 miles in one day, three times every month... not to mention local driving. My brother and I both put about 80 miles a day on our cars. My mom drives about that much, too.

We don't use nearly as much diesel these days. I'm thinking about selling the biodiesel setup. Anyone interested?

I won't be winning any hypermiling contests this weekend... I'll be towing the camper over to Maryland's eastern shore for some good ol' camping! Me, wife, baby, dog, and all our stuff... not to mention the camper itself. I'm going to take it easy and see if I can get 25 MPG (in the display, at least).

Current car: 2011 Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium w/ Lineartronic CVT transmission. Steel Silver.

SOLD: 2009 Scion xD - BRM, 16" alloys, VSC, K&N drop-in air filter, Thule Aero roof bars, TRD sway bar, TRD short shift, TYC LED tails, Curt class-1 tow hitch, Italian leather shift & brake boots, Red Line MT-90 in the trans, Amsoil 0w20 in the engine, ATE SuperBlue Racing brake fluid.
mcbrew is offline   Reply With Quote