View Single Post
Old 10-22-2010, 09:50 PM   #26
mcbrew
Full Access Member

Name: Jesse
Originally Posted by TexXBox View Post
I just received my recall/safety notice from Gulf States Toyota. Seems they miscalculated the weight of my vehicles accessories and provided me with a new sticker to add to my vehicle load limit info on the door jamb. My cargo capacity has now been officially reduced by 9.0 kg or 19.0 lbs. It is recommended that I follow this information as scrupulously as possible as an over capacity vehicle may be unsafe and lead to DEATH OR SERIOUS INJURY.

Good thing they let me know. That 19 lbs. could put me over the edge if I'm not careful.

Jeeeeze.......
Yeah, i guess this is a problem with their dealer-installed options. I got a sticker last year that reduced the GVWR by 1 pound or 0kg. Yes, the conversion factor is one pound to zero kilograms.

Current car: 2011 Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium w/ Lineartronic CVT transmission. Steel Silver.

SOLD: 2009 Scion xD - BRM, 16" alloys, VSC, K&N drop-in air filter, Thule Aero roof bars, TRD sway bar, TRD short shift, TYC LED tails, Curt class-1 tow hitch, Italian leather shift & brake boots, Red Line MT-90 in the trans, Amsoil 0w20 in the engine, ATE SuperBlue Racing brake fluid.
mcbrew is offline   Reply With Quote