View Single Post
Old 09-03-2009, 11:26 AM   #6
mcbrew
Full Access Member

Name: Jesse
Originally Posted by TheLittleDeviant View Post
Might I also add though that apples need to be compared to apples. The brake pad thickness on either of my last vehicles is most likely not the same as my xD.
You are correct. What I really meant was this: If you are complaining about short brake pad/rotor life, did you also get shorter than average life out of your previous car's brakes?

A few cars ago, I drove a 1983 Mercedes 300D. I would rarely get more than 40k miles out of a set of brakes... and I drove it for 210,000 miles. However, that wasn't unusual for that model. My next car, a 2003 VW Golf, reached 125,000 miles before I had to replace the original pads. Because of my commute and the way that I drive, I typically get better than average life out of my brakes.

Current car: 2011 Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium w/ Lineartronic CVT transmission. Steel Silver.

SOLD: 2009 Scion xD - BRM, 16" alloys, VSC, K&N drop-in air filter, Thule Aero roof bars, TRD sway bar, TRD short shift, TYC LED tails, Curt class-1 tow hitch, Italian leather shift & brake boots, Red Line MT-90 in the trans, Amsoil 0w20 in the engine, ATE SuperBlue Racing brake fluid.
mcbrew is offline   Reply With Quote