View Single Post
Old 03-12-2010, 07:49 PM   #16

Cylon_xD
OG Member
Full Access Member

Name: Troy
Wow, what a difference an oil change makes - I switched to full synthetic oil about 6 weeks ago, and actually added 3-4 MPG to my mileage... My daily commute is about 50 miles round trip, 40% highway at 70mph, and 60% local roads at 30-50 mph; I had been getting 26 or 27 MPG calculated using the regular oil, but now with the Valvoline SynPower, the last 4 or 5 tank fulls I've been getting between 30 and 31 MPG calculated. And to help verify the gains, my MPG Calculator on the Odo never went above 29 using the regular oil, but now it's been hanging in the 31.8 to 32.9 range... nothing else has changed on the car except the synthetic oil, so I guess the lesser friction really does help the engine... maybe with Royal purple or Redline I could eek out another mpg or so yet, heheh...

And now, because of my recent stay in the hospital, I'm on a strict doctor-ordered diet, and I am required to lose a lot of weight - I can't wait to see what my MPG will be after I lose 100+ pounds, I'll let you know in about 2 years, LOL! Perhaps I could even achieve the same kind of MPG as McBrew gets, Hahahaha!!