Thread: Dyno results
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2012, 11:42 PM   #17

ThisorThatxD
Full Access Member

Name: Chris
Originally Posted by KylexD View Post
Whats a long-tube diff from say a short tube? And the mid pipe with no cat, what about resonator?

---------- Post added at 11:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 PM ----------

still looking for input on what else (besides turbo/supercharger/NOS) to up the power here too.[COLOR="Silver"]

maybe not power, but for efficiency or say better performance....i think. You could look into a flywheel, and or short shifter?
still researching the long vs short tube headers. a straight midpipe is basically just x diameter piping to your muffler. resonators are used to dampen noise, but still cause flow disruption. cats control emissions, but also restrict flow. around here id go cat only due to emissions.

already have a short shift. it was so worth it in every way, especially with our long shifts. as for a lighter flywheel i havent heard anything great about them. it will free up rotational mass but at the cost of daily drivability. not sure i want to take that step, especially around here when traffic is a pain.
ThisorThatxD is offline   Reply With Quote