View Single Post
Old 05-29-2012, 08:09 AM   #10
Tauron

Name: Tauron
Hey GSF1200M,

Want to thank you for posting your solution here. Was just a few hours from bringing my car to my mechanic b4 I ran across your post. Was so easy to fix, it was almost stupid (actually the manufacturers design is pretty stupid, the way debris from above can clog this drain tube so easily). Thanks again for saving me a trip to repair shop, and no doubt a few bucks to boot!

And for others looking to clear the tube...just to make it a bit clearer...the black tube is located right behind the upper corner of the passerger seat carpet, where the middle hump meets the firewall. You really don't even have to pull the glovebox out to access the hose. Just pull that corner of the carpet back, and pull the hose out of the firewall/upper floorboard first, then pull the other end out of the condenser resevoir. At this point I put a finger over the resevoir hose nub to prevent the backed up water from pouring onto the floor while I blew out the hose with my mouth (wasn't all that much in the hose to clog it surprisingly), then quickly popped the hose back on and drained the water into a plastic cup I had handy. To be sure, I removed the hose again and used a small screw driver to further clear the condensor drain hole (very little left in there actually), and reinstalled the hose, and pushed the carpet back. Simple and easy. No doubt will be doing again in near future due to the poor draining design of the system :-/

Last edited by Tauron; 05-29-2012 at 08:18 AM.
Tauron is offline   Reply With Quote