View Single Post
Old 10-14-2011, 08:08 AM   #17
Resolve
OG Member
Full Access Member

Name: Resolve
I too tested the car last night. I have a manual. at 75 MPH you are turning approx 3250. at 80 MPH approx 3500. The red line is approx 6250. As stated you still get roughly 30 mpg +/- a few MPG.

Running at 75mph or even 80mph. the car isnt struggling or sounding like it is over revving. and you can step on it at those speeds and accelerate decently.

---------- Post added at 09:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 AM ----------

And with these smaller engines they could change the gearing to run lower rpm at higher speed and probably get better gas mileage, but then the engine maybe performing below it's optimal power band and make it sluggish if you need to try to pass someone and so on. Like stated this engines are designed to run at a little higher rpm so they create power as needed. Without testing it the power band for these cars manual tranny wise are roughly 2500 to about 5000/5500 rpm. again that is without testing and just from top of my head from last I checked. So with that being the case running at 3250 to 3500 is inside the engines power band and can provide optimal performance and fuel enconomy