View Single Post
Old 07-02-2010, 02:26 PM   #3
trueblue

Name: trueblue
Chris,
I had something occasionally stuck sounding in the A/C for several months (A fluttery sound sort of). Sometimes I would hear it and sometimes not. So... several months later (last week), I took a turn and my A/C sounded like an aquarium. Long story, longer...

I took it to the dealer as it is under warranty. They told me the drain for the A/C was blocked by leaves and debris. It took them under half an hour to clean it out. (It took me 2 more days of fighting with them to get the carpet dried out ((but that's another story)).

The dealership here will give a loaner if they must keep the car over night. I don't know if that's typical. It's sure worth asking.

What I learned from this whole thing was:
-The grate on the passenger side, under the hood, up near the windshield needs to be cleaned out if one parks under a lot of trees.
- that grate pops off if you need to get under it
- the car doesn't usually come with an in cabin air filter
- The dealership wanted $192 to put one in. Reading here and getting good advice... I bought one and put it in after watching the youtube video and running by my local autoparts store (it cost between $12.50 and $14.)

I don't know if you're hearing what I did but hope it's quick and easy and am glad you're taking it in before the passenger side carpet is soaked! I didn't want to deal with the dealership and waited. It's all good, now, dry carpet, no noise, spanking new filter.

good luck,
trueblue
trueblue is offline   Reply With Quote