View Single Post
Old 07-19-2010, 10:58 PM   #60

TexXBox
Full Access Member

Name: Steve
My beloved 1st gen B was stolen and stripped for parts. After settling (fighting) the insurance company I headed out to look for a replacement. Couldn't bear to get into another 1st gen B after the loss, really not big on the new B and have a family so the tC was out. Didn't even think of the xD when I went to see what was out there. Spent the morning with the salesman I know driving Matrix's, Camry's, etc. and just not "clicking" with anything. He asked what I thought of the xD and when I said I didn't he tossed me the keys and said to just take it out and see what I thought. It was over right then, I just didn't know it yet. The fact that it was Super White with a five speed made it even more enticing for me. (I live in Texas, dark cars are hell in the summer.) By the end of the day I had taken it home, my wife had driven it, the kids had played in it, I had taken it to a club meet and just gave in and bought it. Quieter, smoother, more power and same mileage. It grows on me a little more every day. And not in that "fungal" sort of way.

In less than a week I had already changed the gauge and panel lighting and put in other accent lighting to start making it my own.

Now I just need to lower it. I thought my B was high stock. The D is like a truck.