View Single Post
Old 10-18-2010, 07:01 PM   #8

xDTool
Full Access Member

Name: Bob
Send a message via AIM to xDTool Send a message via Yahoo to xDTool
Default Update Tomorrow
I'm really upset with myself right now. The cable for my Nikon is at the office today, so no pics until tomorrow.

This weekend I saw a FS thread on the Vdub forums for a set of corvette adapters at 20mm all the way around, for a really good price. After going back and forth with the guy for a little while I found out the adapters were 1 of the 2 brands i was looking for, and a quick paypal later, they were being shipped to my door.

I was skeptical of the clearance 20mm would give me in the back, since in my previous measurements i was eyeing closer to 30mm spacers on the rear, but 20mm is what i wanted for the front. I figured worse case scenario i either a) grab a pair of Randode's spacer shims or b) order another pair of adapters and then id have a pair of spares.

well lets just say i was pleasantly surprised with both front and back fitments when i test mounted today.

the front is about as far as i expected from the suspension, and when i tested turning at full lock in each direction, cleared 100% everything else cleared, and did well.

Then was the rears. I mounted them up and looked closely. It seems that there is maybe a finger gap of clearance between the wheel and the suspension. I am still thinking that maybe another 10mm or so may be in order for the rears. I need opinions or experiences of how close you can get to the suspension out back guys.

As for the outside fitment compared to the fenders. You get to wait for tomorrow. Pictures tell the full tale. and I dont think i can be any happier with it.
xDTool is offline   Reply With Quote