View Single Post
Old 05-13-2011, 04:12 PM   #5
Resolve
OG Member
Full Access Member

Name: Resolve
OK nice concept again. I would say if only looking for SQ and wanting to be more show I would say 2 10s in a selaed enclosure would be better route. You will have more of a full range on them in sealed and the 10 will require less air space. I would maybe do like 2 6 1/2 or maybe 6x9s in the wall area along with some tweeters and then mount your amps to the wall.

I would combo wood and fiberglass for show. Wood to create box for subs and main structure. then foberglass the iPAD and and other speaker pods on the wall. Wood would be easier and possible cheaper to work with for design you show, but fiberglass would allow you to create more curves and designs easier.

For power if not looking for alot you could probalby get away with 500 or so amps. 250 per 10 and that would give nice sound to fill in what is missing but not over do it and less need to go with additional power. I would say 1000 watts max. Only problem is you may get into needed power upgrades . I was running 1000 watts rms on two twelves and it sounded good but if I was railing it and the car was running it would shut the car off on heavy bass notes. HOWEVER, i was only running batter underhood and no extra cap or anything. what was happening is the voltage drop in the car sucked so bad that on heavy bass hits it was taking all the power from the car and by doing this it was taking power going to throttle (since it is elcetronic) and causing it to close off completely and kill the car. I may be a fluke but it happened to only my car, but it happened multiple times. Not necessarily one every HEAVY bass hit but on a couple of songs where where it was constant repetition of HEAVY Bass hits for a period of time. the car couldn't rebuild the power and in some cases on really heavy hits where it would take alot of power to create. My set up was geared toward SPL GO.

In your case you shouldn't have that issue.

The power in scions is not the best. I didn't have issues with my first gen xb but I had a second battery in the back and HO alternator.

Are you coming to the Frank Peterson show tomorrow? If so we can talk

---------- Post added at 05:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:58 PM ----------

NOT to thread jack. Just to know I know a little of where I am coming from. lol

AS for my system before anyone post this was not my first setup with improper tuning causing my issue. I have had multiple. This was a ported box with 2 12s and 2 cubic feet of space for subs not counting port. I was hitting 144.6. I was first in a couple of shows with it. I will say for this setup is was more I just didn't have the proper power and I knew and know that.

***EDIT took out long unneeded story lol.