View Single Post
Old 05-19-2011, 10:27 AM   #16
Resolve
OG Member
Full Access Member

Name: Resolve
Originally Posted by xDTool View Post
just my .02 i ran 1300 watts rms on a single 10 for 2 years with nothing other than slight headlight dimming (planet audio class D mono 1350.1 & blaupunkt vw1000)

just burned the amp up in december last year from the thermal compound breaking down and the amp not getting enough cooling.

just put in a alpine pdx-1000.1 putting 1000 watts on it rms still no issues

not sure why you were seeing that drastic of a power loss

oh and to stay on topic, the box looks good although show style is not really my thing, should look boss once its done
True. Well every car is different. So maybe I have a weak alternator or something.

And to think about it, my faulty waterpump was on the car at the time so maybe it had something to do with it. meaning I believe it was creating an extra drag on the motor as it was being faulty (it was dragging when turning not turning freely). So maybe extra load of slamming the system slowed the motor more and was killing power output from alt.

I am going to be doing a new system at 1000 or more RMS I am in designing stages myself. but mine is different since I got to figure power for amp and compressors and also work in air setup with my system and I CANNOT lose the rear seats. so Mine will take some nice design.

Simmons you should be fine with 1000w RMS, but I would personally add second Battery over alternator.

---------- Post added at 11:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 AM ----------

Originally Posted by simmons0613 View Post
thanks. its still and planning. I'm debating on going with my more elegant one with the "floating" ipad or going with the more reasonable one. If I get my elegant one I will have to find a way to make it smaller or figure out how I'm going to place it when I remove my back seat.

---------- Post added at 05:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:45 PM ----------

P.S. Just to let you know I'm currently running 2 12" Sony Xplodes at 1000 watts and 750ish rms. I think its just a little over kill lol.
is the 1000 Watts peak power.

I never pay attention to peak power. it really means nothing. RMS means every thing

Also depending how you look at it 1000 Watts RMS is not overkill lol

Last edited by Resolve; 05-19-2011 at 10:32 AM.
Resolve is offline   Reply With Quote