View Single Post
Old 04-04-2011, 09:42 AM   #11

Pittshark
Full Access Member

Name: Mark
Ok, here's the update....despite being pretty cool guys and having tremendous prices, I'm fairly livid with the tire shop. On Saturday, I got done with class early and made the long haul out to the tire shop. You'll notice in one of my earlier posts I mentioned that i did call the shop earlier in the week and explained the problem, and was told to just bring it out and they should be able to take care of it. Well I get out there, and the one guys comes out and looks at my car and almost instantly he says, 'Oh I know what the problem is, there's no sensors on these wheels, they're still on your factory wheels.' Not having any knowledge as to what the sensors are/look like, he explained to me that they fit around the bottom of the stems. I asked him why they weren't transferred from my stock wheels and he gave me the questionable response that they only do that if the customer requests it. The only thing they were able to offer me was no charge if I came back out with the stock wheels and had them make the switch. I can't even describe how much of a pain in the ass that would be. Does anybody know if you can buy those pressure sensors?

Squid, in answer to your question, for tires I went with Kumho Ecsta AST 225/45/17.
Pittshark is offline   Reply With Quote