Thread: Turbo the xD
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2010, 11:32 PM   #17
CXTKRS1
Super Moderator
Super Mod

Name: Chris
Originally Posted by xd_kidd View Post
when he said extremely. Its implied from nothing to really something as in a turbo not "omg 500hp!!!!" im sure he knows better and ii thought you did to but guess not lol. were here talking about xd. 200hp with 8psi is fairly high but pretty fast. and were not here to compare to the typical cars you look at the magazines.

back to the subject.

go with the 2zz swap if its in your budget. redline at 8k and 200hp with some bolt ons should be one hell of a car! si killer for sure
As Resolve has said extreme usually (99% of the time) means more than a little extra HP. I guess I'm just out of touch with this subcompact performance thing. Spending 6K on an xD performance wise is something I cannot fathom.

---------- Post added at 04:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:27 AM ----------

Originally Posted by Resolve View Post
Yeah so I say if you are serious either way set aside a good $5000 to start.

No one really knows how much these engines can handle yet since it hasn't been truly tested or at least not posted if it has (that i have seen). And by testing I mean in a shop with the means to truly test and rebuild if necessary not by some one who put one on and hit the street until it blew up. Eventually we will know what it can handle.
Exactly these engines are still fairly new in the states and the after market has been slow to catch on. I would recommend holding off for say another year or so to see what some of the performance brands come up with. I mean DC Sports hasn't even released a header for our cars yet. Their has been a rumor going around too that Toyota is going to release a TRD supercharger for the 1.8's, once that happens I'm sure the after-market will build an improved version at reduced cost.
CXTKRS1 is offline   Reply With Quote